• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Frequent Music Playback Pauses with Headphones

bri_droid

Lurker
Mar 8, 2010
So the droid (just like the ipod/iphone) has a feature where when you pull out your headphones during music playback, the song pauses.

My problem is that I seem to have an issue with my headphone jack. Whenever I have my droid in my pocket and am listening to music, every few minutes (especially if I raise my leg going up stairs or bending over) the music program pauses. I have to take the droid out of my pocket, unlock it, and unpause the song.

The headphones are definitely still in the jack, I can only imagine that they shifted slightly and it triggered this auto pause feature thinking they were removed. This has happened with multiple sets of headphones.

Is this something that other people are having issues with or do I just have a bad or overly sensitive headphone jack? I have checked around at other forums including verizon and motorola and can't find mention of this problem.

I have also tried looking for a setting to turn off this auto pause behavior with no luck.

I appreciate anyone's help with this matter

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones