Frequent text history (in compose)General

1. frogger

frogger Member

when i enter 0 as first number i get alist of frequent numbers and names some are just odd numbers eg 07966 , 0208 some are names

how can i remove the numbers and names i no longer have in phone contacts but show up still in frequent ?

Advertisement
    :
  2. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Yes....I would like to know also. I get a bunch of emails names when I do a multi text message to people.
  3. benitorios

benitorios Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I think the Messaging history is linked to the call history - I just double checked that by typing the first 2 digits of a number I only ever call but never text to (it's a landline).

So you'd have to go to the Phone app, Call history, and search for the numbers you want to delete, then remove from the call history. Kind of tedious, but I can't think of a better solution...
  4. frogger

frogger Member

message history and call history are not conncted , i still have them coming up in frequent messages but not in call history
  5. benitorios

benitorios Well-Known Member

Have you tried clearing the data and cache of the Messaging app? Make sure you back up your SMS before doing that (in Messaging, 3rd option from the menu).

Aside from this, not sure what else would work.