Fresh 2.0 (help)

Last Updated:

1. dgrobe2112

dgrobe2112 Well-Known Member Contributor This Topic's Starter

guys, i downloaded the fresh 2.0 rom, and it is the 2.0c, and i am having a problem, i flash it, and it does its thing.. but then gets stuck on the boot screen. i just did a wipe, and gonna try again, and see what happens.. any ides??

Advertisement
  2. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

how long did you let it try to boot?

3. dgrobe2112

30 minutes.. but i did a wipe, and it worked perfectly.. now time to start lookin for customizations.. sweet..

4. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

Ahh, did you not do a wipe before flashing it the first time?

5. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

Glad to see you got it working. On a side note, Attention Everyone......You Must Wipe When Going From 1.5 to any higher version ROM. The Same goes for going from 2.x back down.

6. dgrobe2112

i thought i did a wipe.. but i guess it didnt take.. just wiped and reflashed.. heck.. even flashed the wrong 2.0.. cuz the accelerometer didnt work.. and 5 minutes later.. flashed a new rom, with the correct accelorometer.. and perfecto..

it is faster than my stock 1.5 amazingly.. today will test how well the battery last..

7. shahrukh817

shahrukh817 Member

For some reason, I am unable to use 2.0c. It gets stuck on the HTC quietly brilliant screen . I've let it stay on that screen for roughly 30 minutes. I wiped and reflashed, same thing. I'm now using Fresh 2.0b. Am I missing anything from 2.0c??

8. drbgotenks

drbgotenks Active Member

2.0d is out now. Other posts say it is more 'complete'

9. pwabbit

pwabbit Well-Known Member

Seems to be working fine for me. One mistake I did was to restore the programs AND system settings with Titanium Backup. The "phone" would force close when I received a call. Finally I wiped everything again, reflashed the ROM and then restored the programs WITHOUT the system settings. Everything works fine. It was just a pain setting up the home screens again.

Side notes:
    --The restore file was made with Titanium while running Fresh2.0.
    --The "phone" of all the later ROMS (2.0b, 2.0c, Damage, Darch, RegawMOD) would force close as well.

10. drbgotenks

drbgotenks Active Member

Everything is working well for me. Flashed fine. Backed up most apps using fresh kitchen and reinstalled. Very snappy.

11. dgrobe2112

is the accelerometer workin in 2.0d

12. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

13. douglaslem88

douglaslem88 Well-Known Member

So I flashed 2.0d after wiping. After the reboot i get the HTC screen for 30 minutes. I wiped again and flashed 1.1 and the boot screen froze at fresh. I restored through nandroid backup and the phone works now. I'm hard headed so I flashed 2.o again and have the HTC screen again. Can I restore my nandroid backup and see if that works. My backup is based on 1.1, will this work on 2.0?

14. mrkniceguy

mrkniceguy Well-Known Member

When I tried to upgrade to the 2.0d I wiped the phone in RA, booted into Fresh 1.1 and then copied over the new ROM. Then I rebooted to RA and flashed the 2.0d ROM. After about 10min it finally booted up and all kinds of stuff started force closing. Settings, Android thingies, all KINDS of stuff.

So, I rebooted to RA, wiped (system and the delvik) and then immediate re-flashed the 2.0d ROM. After install it booted in about 5 minutes and has been working with no forced closers since then.

I'm no expert but this seems to make a difference in my case and it could in yours.