Fresh 2.0d and Gmail Push

Last Updated:

1. mrkniceguy

mrkniceguy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I finally opted to try Fresh's new ROM yesterday (really sweet!) but am having a problem with how it is handing gmail emails. With Fresh 1.1 I would typically receive my emails moments after they were sent, and before they would show up on my computer.
    But on 2.0d they are showing up 20-30 minutes later. I've looked for settings and can't even seem to find a frequency setting.

I'd love to get this working and if it's possible could see this as my everyday ROM! But I need my emails promptly. Anyone know what's going on?

One other thing, I noticed that I can't set ringtones for people. Not a deal breaker but has anyone else noticed this?

On a side note, the calendar is AMAZING! I'll hate to have to go back to Fresh 1.1 for that reason alone.

Advertisement
  2. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

I haven't tested out gmail yet, will do that tonight.

As for ringtones for people, you can set them, it is a bit different now though.

When you go into People, select the person you want, before clicking edit or anything, scroll down towards the bottom and you will see ringtone. Set it there.

mrkniceguy likes this.
  3. momoceio

momoceio Well-Known Member

Gmail works perfectly for me with Fresh 2.0d and I use Mabilo Ringtones to set my ringtones.

mrkniceguy likes this.
  4. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

Mine also takes a little while to push my gmail acct. Sometimes I have to refresh it to get my mail. Not a deal breaker for me, though.

mrkniceguy likes this.
  5. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

took me a few minutes to figure out how to set a ringtone myself... it's just like ccapasso says.. no need to go into edit..

gmail works fine for me.. as soon as the mail hits gmail I get notified.

mrkniceguy likes this.
  6. mrkniceguy

Thanks for the help all. I noticed that the replies hit my phone right away so I'll keep testing it. Maybe after the earlier restart things are working normally.

Found the ringtones option too! Thanks a bunch. Just didn't know where to look. :)

7. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

Nevermind, I had the auto sync/refresh dealie thinger off. Wow, sometimes I miss the easiest stuff...

8. mrkniceguy

I'm getting my emails within about 3 minutes now. I was getting them faster before but this is definitely livable. Thanks for everyones help.

9. stinky

stinky Well-Known Member

I noticed today for that my emails were showing up late. Before Fresh 2.0d I was getting them before my PC was.

Not a biggie, Im not that important that emails cant wait a few minutes extra.