Fresh 2.0d and media

Last Updated:

1. kilofox13

kilofox13 Member This Topic's Starter

I searched and didn't see anything, so at risk of looking ignorant, I'll post and ask.

OK, Short version, I installed Fresh 2.0D and now my camera isn't working. HELP!

Longer detailed version: Monday my phone had a message that it had recieved an update of some sort, and it didn't properly install. It mentioned that the phone needed restarted to continue. At this point it was locked up, so I didn't have a choice but to restart it. In fact I had to pull the battery to do that as nothing was working. I was running fresh 1.1 and Gumbo at the time. Well, when I turned it back on, it became hung in eternal boot mode. I tried doing a recovery, but that didn't work either. I tried reflashing 1.1, but it wouldn't accept it. Basically nothing worked. I pulled my sd card, and stuck it in the little sd adapter dealio, and crammed it in my computer. I pushed the Fresh 2.0D on it along with the audio fix, the Rosie LWP fix, and the custom Ohio state lock screen. I then put the SD card back in the phone and booted into the root menu. I ran the wipe, and loaded the ROMS. Everything seemed to be working good. At this point I had tested SMS, The actual phone function sending and recieving calls (who uses the hero as a phone anyway?! LOL) And I was able to get on the internet. Everything seemed good to go. I then began adding my apps back on. I installed the following:

Handcent
    Google Skymaps
    Robo Defense
    Pocket Empires
    Skydeck
    Google Shopper
    Barcode Scanner
    Audio Manager
    Wave secure

All is well so far. Well last night I went out fishing and caught an amazing Hybrid striped bass. I was excited to take a picture and send it to all my friends! Much to my dismay, though, I couldn't. :confused: Every time I brought up the camera it would error "stopped unexpectedly" and force close. The video camera did the same thing. Luckily my friend was with, so he took a picture for me with his camera, and e-mailed it to me. I pulled the picture up on my phone in the e-mail and saved it to my sd card. OK, this can work, right? I can now pull the image off my card and insert it in a message and send to everyone! WRONG! When I try to open photos, it opens, and then immediately closes itself. WTF? I can't access my images at all. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? I'm thinking it may be wave secure, as I've never used it before, but it was highly recommended. Help! Anyone?

Advertisement
  2. kilofox13

OK, now the market isn't working either! Grr.... I was going to go into the market and uninstall wave secure to see if it would make a difference.

3. apollomaker

apollomaker Well-Known Member

Hi KiloFox --- well, I installed Fresh 2.0d yesterday, and my camera works just fine and so does my MARKET app. Don't know what to say other than I would do a clean install, yes, all over again. Sounds like something went south during the install, or afterwards.

Make sure that you WIPE your data and Dalvik chaches BEFORE you flash the ROM. You will need to have flashed version 1.6.2 of the RA recovery app prior to this. It contains a fix that permits proper wiping of these critical areas.

Good Luck --- Hope this helps --- :D

P.S. -- That striped bass sounds good -- I fish for them in the California Delta here. ;)

kilofox13 likes this.
  4. kilofox13

Well, reloaded it last night. I updated to the 1.6.2 shell. And reflashed the Fresh 2.0d and the patches. Everything is working now. I guess the 1.5.2 shell was the problem. Anyway, yeah, the hybrid stripes were good!

[​IMG]

5. apollomaker

apollomaker Well-Known Member

Well, good news. Yes, I had the same problems with my first install of Fresh because of the RA shell. Went over to the 1.6.2 version, and it now works fine. Glad to hear about your luck.

And yes, those are mighty fine looking stripers -- and hybrids no less. We do not have that variety here. Just the "regular" ones -- but regardless, they are fine eating fish. Those combined with White Sturgeon, and we get in some good fishing in our Delta and near-Ocean areas here.

Thanks for sharing and good luck!!! Cheers -- Bob --- ;)