Fresh 2.1

Last Updated:

1. alchemize

alchemize Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If anyone's using this ROM, have you noticed any overheating issues?

I'm asking this because I ended up sending in my first Eris due to the fact that randomly (not while charging or while in use, just in my pocket) the phone would heat up excessively. I've seen someone flame people for saying "hot" and give a slightly misguided lecture on thermodynamics - but the phones got hot. Going from 30 something C to over 50C while not in use or being charged is not normal.

When I got my new Eris, I didn't seem to have a problem. After rooting and installing this ROM however, it seems to be back to getting pretty hot. I have profiles set to reduce clock speed at certain intervals of battery temperature, but it still seems somewhat odd to me that the phone will climb in temperature so rapidly. While this one doesn't do it as frequently when not in use (only one occurrence of this so far) I still don't believe a phone should be reaching 50 degrees Celsius when just making a 10 minute phone call.

Anyone else have any heating problems? I realize overclocking can increase the temperature significantly, so I've experimented at regular clock speeds and slightly increased intervals - the "over"heating issue seems to arise at random, regardless of cpu clock speeds.

Advertisement
  2. Rossco_Pee

Rossco_Pee Well-Known Member

I am running Fresh 2.1.1 and have not had any issues with it overheating. I just run it with one profile set at 40 degrees C and have not had any problems. It does tend to heat up when charging or when using the wireless tether, however, not to the extreme that you have been experiencing.