Fresh 2.1d Android Launcher instead of HTC Sense ... anyone else having this issue

Last Updated:

1. ejpyle

ejpyle Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I changed from the HTC sense to the Android Launcher on Fresh 2.1d and I noticed that intermittently I cant swipe through the screens or click on the icons. It takes a few minutes before I am able to. Has anyone else had this problem? If I switch home screens back to HTC Sense I have no problems and everything is VERY responsive.

Advertisement
  2. tech1greek

tech1greek Active Member

I did, I installed Home Switcher and used Android Launcher for a while and the icons would delay in showing up, and the phone wouldn't respond at all for a while. I am not sure if the OpenGL patch flipz posted solves this or not, but I switched to Damageless and that seems to be issue free at the moment.

3. Squiggy

Squiggy Well-Known Member

I never found out why I was experiencing the same symptoms as you folks, but I did the same - switched to DamageControl. No issues now.

4. ejpyle

ejpyle Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Which version of damage control are you using? I am using the latest and when I would clear defaults on HTC Sense and try to switch to launcher it would reload HTC Sense.

5. tech1greek

tech1greek Active Member

Not sure I used Home Switcher, and it asked me which I wanted to use by Default.

I am currently using HTC Sense however, but do like the minimalistic style of Android Launcher.

6. Squiggy

Squiggy Well-Known Member