Fresh 2.3.3 inbound calls force close

Last Updated:

1. WiiZYBaBY

WiiZYBaBY Member This Topic's Starter

I have seen people complaining of the same issue, but I have yet to find a fix. I just flashed Fresh Hero 2.3.3 and every inbound call force closes. I came from a clean root, I flashed the stock RUU and rooted and then flashed Fresh. I have tried all the kernels they say fix this and none do. Any ideas? Or should I give up v2.3.3 and go back to Toast? Don't want to leave Fresh, it's the best ROM I have found yet! Please help.

Advertisement
  2. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

I'm using 2.3.3 right now with the v4 710mhz non UV'ed kernel and I haven't had a single FC.

3. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

flash one of the kernels....i suggest you use the 710 UV kernel though..

4. Joehunni

I like the idea of the UV but it says it will cause lockscreen lag, something I'm not willing to deal with.

5. WiiZYBaBY

I have tried 4 versions of the Darch kernels. All with the same result. If you could please tell me how you flashed it? Perhaps I did something wrong? Any and all help is more than appreciated.

6. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

Use Lockbot Pro and that should fix the lockscreen lag problem :D

I'm using this one with SetCPU from the Market, works great on my Hero. No lags, no issues at all.

DarchKernel vUV 710mhz with Free Memory Tweak For Fresh 2.1.1/2.1.2/2.3.3

Fresh_vUV_710_M.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Go into recovery, flash it like you flash a ROM onto your phone and that's it.

7. WiiZYBaBY

Thanks DFRESH, will flash it and see how it goes. Had that kernel, but from a different source, perhaps corrupted. D/L now

8. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

Yep no prob Wiizy ..

9. WiiZYBaBY

I am convinced I did something wrong. The kernel you provided still force closes incoming calls, but it did help some. My phone wasn't going bonkers at least. Starting from scratch now. I am more then determined to get this to work. I want Fresh! LOL. These are the steps I will be doing to try to get this working. If any steps are missing or wrong I would appreciate it if someone would point it/them out to me:

1. Nandroid restore to the rooted stock ROM.
    2. Wipe/Factory reset.
    3. Wipe dalvik cache.
    4. Flash Fresh 2.3.3
    ...I plan on checking if the phone force closes before continuing. If it does then I will:
    5. Flash the kernel DFRESH linked to me.

Hopefully I can fix this. Would an outdated or improper radio for my area cause this issue? (Just a thought that popped into my head right now.)

10. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

I had the same problem before...All i did was wipe data/dalvik/sd:ext partition ...

flashed Fresh again...then flashed the kernel ...

haven't had a single incoming call FC ....

11. WiiZYBaBY

Even if I don't have a partition on my SD card could I still benefit from wiping SD:ext partition?

12. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

oh if you don't have a partition ...you don't have to do it..I do it because I use A2SD...

13. Joehunni

my only problem with fresh was for whatever reason, after I flashed the rom the market wouldn't download anything. I had to reflash it then I flashed the kernel over that and all was well.

14. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

you had the market problem because you didn't wipe Dalvik when updated to Fresh 2.3.3 ...

15. WiiZYBaBY

Now it wont nandroid restore. It's telling me to do it via adb. Is this a bad sign?

16. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

which recovery did you flash?

17. WiiZYBaBY

I am trying to restore the nandroid I created when I rooted the phone.

EDIT: Or did you mean what I rooted it with? I used the unrEVOked method.

18. jeffreynothing43

jeffreynothing43 Well-Known Member

i've had that happen - the nandroid restore. play with it a little. erase any older nandroids and remove the battery. try a few different things. not sure what it is about cuz i'm using godspeed restore

19. WiiZYBaBY

The nandroid I am trying to restore is the only one on my card. All my other nandroids are neatly organized in intricate filing folders on my computer(I have a small case of OCD :p) I have tried pulling the battery a couple times and turning the phone on then off. This will be fixed before too long. I just reflashed Fresh over the old one(still wiped to factory and dalvik) and only 1 out of the 4 test calls FC. I flashed the kernel DFRESH linked and will have a few more test calls done. Will report back(with good news hopefully!)

20. jeffreynothing43

jeffreynothing43 Well-Known Member

i save relevant nandroids as well...its cool. that sucks man...what recovery are you running? that may have something to do with it. i just tried that kernel that fresh mentioned...it wasn't better than fresh 2.1.1 in my opinion. there was some touch input lag despite faster in some places. anyhow....that sucks about your nandroid. sorry dude. its happened to me more than once. i managed each time to get it back by toying with shtuff.

21. WiiZYBaBY

Thanks :) I believe I've got it!!! 1 new kernel and 7 incoming calls later says my Fresh works! Thanks y'all so much for your help and time. Don't wanna sound like a Southern Baptist but all of you are going to be givin blessings for this!

22. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

Which kernel did you end up using? and I'm glad you fixed your incoming call FC prob..

23. Joehunni

Oh I wiped dalvik, I don't care if I'm going from fresh 2.1.1 up to 2.1.2, I always wipe everything.