• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fresh 2.3.3 - wireless tether - connects, but no internet

wrench

Jul 6, 2010
NC
Tried running wireless tether 1.6 that comes with Fresh 2.3.3. No luck. Uninstalled Wireless Tether and reinstalled it from the developer's site.

My laptop connects to the phone's wifi network, but cannot access the internet. I've tried turning the phone's mobile network off/on while tether was running and also prior to turning on tether. Still no joy.

Are you using a static IP? The same thing happened to me, then I realized that it was because I had a static IP set on my PC. Once I removed it, it worked fine.

How do you set a static IP? I am going to have to flash some third party firmware unto my piece o crap linksys router, and the first step is to set a static IP. Thanks.

Upvote 0
I am running Fresh 2.3.3 as well, with the DarchKernel786 kernel. I downloaded the wireless tether app. Everytime i click on "Press to Start Tethering", it tries to start and then gives me an error "Unable to start tethering , please try again later!"

Anyone been able to resolve this error?

You have to use the wireless tether .apk that came with the rom. The apk from the market isn't compatible. You should be able to get the apk from the 2.3.3 zip file.

Reactions: texas83
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones