1. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
    JB in AZ likes this.
  2. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

3. ashley82303

ashley82303 Active Member

Yay! I love Fresh ROM's.. no matter what I flash onto my phone Fresh is always my default!!
    Thanks for the info!

4. Danokan

Danokan Well-Known Member

I love FRESH.

flipz and Fresh got me to root.

Never looked back.

However

Now with Cyno 6.0 (froyo 2.2) and won't ever go back to Fresh.

:D

5. Thaxis

Thaxis Well-Known Member

I just downloaded and installed today. I think this is one of his best.

6. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

The changelog on the thread said that just apps are updated. No need for me :)

7. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

Upon reading the chang log this morning, I noticed that as well. I don't think I will bother with 2.4.0 at this point either. If I was just starting with Fresh Roms, I would probably install the 2.4.0 however.

8. chuhsi

chuhsi Well-Known Member

damn. just switched to zen over the weekend

9. HarrisY

HarrisY Member

Just got this. I just rooted and immediately flashed this ROM... I'm still new to this so I'm not quite sure of it's full potential yet. But I definitely have noticed big differences in speed and lag. My Hero is super smooth now, and that alone is worth the 30 minutes of work I had to put in.

10. ck4794

ck4794 Well-Known Member

fresh 2.4 has been good to me so far. only noticed one little bug but i think it has happened with other roms too, when i am actually in the window of a conversation with someone, i still get the notification when they reply (talking about texts) and it doesn't go away until i specifically address it

@danokan: i have tried that rom and it just seems like it's missing something, but i can't put my finger on it... i know for sure i don't like the keyboard. i actually like the stock one better. and not too fond of adw either. fell in love with it for the first 24 hours or so, but it quickly went away. it's visually more appealing, but i feel not quite as functional as a stock sense ui. my biggest wish would be the options of adw like screen count and such applied to sense ui. i'm the type of person that i don't really need all 7 screens, but my ocd makes it painful to leave one blank.

11. bstep01

bstep01 Well-Known Member

Flashed 2.4.0 and haven't noticed a Huge difference between the prior Fresh, but I have noticed more internal memory, which is plus! Im at around 85MB internal. One thing that I have noticed is that I do not have notification flashes anymore, any suggestions?

12. MrZuitSuit

MrZuitSuit Member

I flashed this recently, along with Extreme blue...

And ended up back to my rooted stock rom. The stock rom was getting so laggy tween dials I was going nuts. I would actually tap a contact, and the lag was so long, I would tap again thinking it didn't register. Then it would dial the contact, put them on hold and dial again! Frustrating to say the least. My experience with the Fresh 2.4 was about like the stock rom, but sadly with even more lag. Not to mention I still have ShapeWriter in my stock apps and don't know how to transfer that to the Fresh platform. The lag with Fresh and Handcent became unbearable.

I use this phone as a business tool, and have almost 3000 names synced to it via USB and HTCSync. Y'all think that many names could be a cause of the lag?

13. pierceNKC

pierceNKC Well-Known Member

installed yesterday and battery life is AWFUL for me! Little laggy at times as well. Anybody else experiencing this? Any suggestions on how to remedy?

14. revtime

revtime Well-Known Member

My first ROM and I am liking it. Battery life is about the same as rooted stock rom and I don't have any lag anywhere. Very smooth. The weird thing is I went with this because it was a Sense ROM but I have disabled Sense and am really digging LauncherPro. Go figure. Maybe I am a Vanilla Android guy after all.
    Anyway, I really like this ROM and everything works and works well. Glad I went ahead and rooted and ROMed even though its intimidating the first time.

15. Stocklone

Stocklone Active Member

I rooted my phone for this exact reason. I am running cyanogen mod 6 rc 1 blue and have no issues with dialer lag at all. My Hero is a 1000x better because of it.

16. MrZuitSuit

MrZuitSuit Member

Currently I'm running the latest NFX-Hero.2.2.1 and I'm not seeing any dialer lag at all. Although I haven't synced all my contacts to the phone. So the jury is out till tomorrow.

17. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

I'm running the HeroZenFX 2.1 ROM and its been great, i've always been a big fan of Fresh but one thing Zen has over Fresh so far is the internal memory, Zen has the smoothness and stability of fresh with a great amount of space (130mbs intially), big plus to me!

thefley likes this.
  18. Cuso

Cuso Well-Known Member

I flashed this a couple of hours ago and my phone is laggier. I'm coming from 2.1.2 so I don't know if I should have flashed 2.3.3 prior to this. I may clean up and try Cyno 6.0..

19. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

No, I doubt you would have to flash 2.3.3 before going to 2.4.0. Give it time for the lag, phone may speed up by tomorrow

If your going to try froyo, there is no sense ui in the CM6

20. jxr94

jxr94 Well-Known Member

How is this in comparison to Zen-Rom, because that one is very very fast

Also, is it possible to get the stock rosie, but the desire lockscreen?

21. J4Y 7H3 K1N6

J4Y 7H3 K1N6 Member

i have a sprint htc hero cdma. jus got fresh 2.4, this is my first time rooting. i just have a couple questions. Where do i get live wallpapers? when i click live wallpapers it says "no live wallpapers found" when i get a text or have a voice mail the led flashes once, but it used to continue to flash so i knew i had missed something. Can i get this feature back? and lastly, how do i change the image on my lockscreen, when i hit menu it takes me straight to backgrounds when it used to go to "home or lockscreen?". alot of noob questions prob, but i really appreciate any help.