Fresh 3.2 is out to donors, anyone tried it yet?

Last Updated:

1. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

requires full wipe, heres the change log:

Advertisement
    v01rider, Shift.Evolve and UCChemE05 like this.
  2. UCChemE05

UCChemE05 Well-Known Member

Nice. Thanks for the update. I've kept my phone at stock 2.1 to keep my options open. Now it looks like I have a good reason to pull the trigger and root.

3. uminchu

uminchu Well-Known Member

No overclocking, but better battery life is always a plus. How much do you get with King6 and the big battery?

4. DucatiDude

DucatiDude Well-Known Member

There's talk over at xda that there may be an issue restoring using Titanium Backup. Not sure I want to go through the major headache of a full wipe at the moment.

5. Cru

Cru Well-Known Member

I'm installing it now, the previous version of Fresh was running so awesome, I'll be ecstatic if this is as flawless and has even longer battery life.

6. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

1.19, some people are able to get more, some less, it depends on your individual phone's 'personality' lets call it

7. djkleric

djkleric Well-Known Member

Full wipes used to be a biotch. but with app brain and certain home replacements its not all that bad any more. DL it right now. I love hearing better battery life !

8. JasonK75

JasonK75 Well-Known Member

I heard people having issues with TB as well. I don't use TB, but MyBackup Pro instead and I have had no issues.

The only thing that is missing is the vanilla lock patch is no longer in the Fresh Updater, but I'm sure flipz will be able to fix that soon.

I'll report more later.

9. JasonK75

flipz has fixed the vanilla lock and it is working now. :)

10. jeremylobaugh

jeremylobaugh Well-Known Member

I flashed it earlier today, been running spectacularly, battery life has been fantastic so far.

IMO, if a new ROM requires a full-wipe, restoring with Titanium is a poor idea.

11. Psywar

Psywar Active Member

Just a question about Fresh prev. Rom's does he have the improved FPS on the camera?
    Also does his Rom give the touch screen like a better ground? (I dont know how to explain it.) I am currently using just a reg. 2.2 rom when I use Swype I notice since it makes the tracer of where your fingers go on the screen its always jumpy and never a strait line.
    Like it thinks my fingers are touching other parts of the screen when it did not.

Fresh 3.1 rom is the one I have been looking at installing since last night. I was going to ask this on the xda forums but his post is just a ton of pages long. I Figured no one would see/read it.

12. philly0128

philly0128 Well-Known Member

I agree TB is a poor choice if you're trying to play with different roms. I recently started playing with roms today, never had to do a restore and I found TB and mybackup to be a pain. I have over 120 apps and both apps made me restore them 1 at a time manually. Do you guys know of a better backup that will restore all apps automatically. I think nandroid does but I was looking for an app to do it in the gui, so while it's installing all my apps I can do other things, where nandroid renders the phone useless until it's done and rebooted.

13. JasonK75

Unless you put a different kernel on yourself, it is still going to be the cap on the FPS.

I don't noticed anything weird about the touch screen, but I guess I'm not exactly sure what you are describing - sorry.

14. JasonK75

Do you have the Pro version of MyBackUp? I never had to restore one app at a time?

15. Drew5150

Drew5150 Well-Known Member

fresh Is based off of stock software so I doubt it would act different for you. The touch screen grounding issue was fixed by htc on the 1.47 update to the 2.1 eclair software. So any Rom stock or based off stock will be fixed as well. This issue was only when not holding the phone tho. Your issue may be that the swype beta app was built for 2.1 and not for 2.2. Anyways I personally think swype is lame and there are better keyboards out there. Like stock froyo, not the stock HTC one.

I have always used mybackup pro and It always does all apps at once. I had a memory card failure a ways back so I am pretty at full wipes with no back up now :-(

I'm out of town so I'm not gonna bother trying this until next week.

16. autorail1

autorail1 Well-Known Member

opps

17. 355spider

355spider Well-Known Member

ManI already get crazy good battery life with fresh 3.1

18. JasonK75

Yes; I've been getting great results with this new update. Not sure what HTC and Sprint did, but they did it right!

19. Hazy

Hazy Well-Known Member

anyone working on a modified version of this kernel? that would be great!

20. djkleric

djkleric Well-Known Member

the battery life is amazing on this sucker. I chrged to full before going to bed last night to see what a nights drain would be. im currently at 94% after ten hours. before this kernal my best would be at somewhere around 80.

21. mitchellvii

mitchellvii Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, Fresh is based on Sense which I hate.

22. douknownam

douknownam Active Member

This ROM and kernel have made a HUGE improvement on my battery life (8hrs and still at 70%... prior to this ROM, I would be down to 30% by now!) While I am unhappy that my FPS is capped, I will trade that for this kind of battery life ANY DAY! Flipz is awesome...

wondering if/when HTC will release this update to the masses?

23. steelersmb

steelersmb Well-Known Member

Thinking about trying BakedSnack's ROM as I've heard great things about it as well.

24. One Beast

One Beast Well-Known Member

Im enjoying my Snack right now.....:cool:

25. philly0128

philly0128 Well-Known Member

i'm still learning about baked snacks and roms.... Can I put a baked snack on w/ fresh rom so I can overclock?