• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Fresh 3.2 is out to donors, anyone tried it yet?

I havent seen such a great improvement in battery life either... but just a question to all u guys testing this on ur evos with a different kernel: how's ur battery life? I'm trying to find out if most of the improvements come from the kernel (which is my guess) or the ROM itself

with 16hrs unplugged a lil bit over 4hrs of use I was down to 20%,no text,couple of phone calls,about half hour of wireless tether and lots of web browsing. That's with netarchys-toast 4.1.9 Kernel.

Upvote 0
with 16hrs unplugged a lil bit over 4hrs of use I was down to 20%,no text,couple of phone calls,about half hour of wireless tether and lots of web browsing. That's with netarchys-t:eek:oast 4.1.9 Kernel.

So I guess the ROM itself improves battery life... that's good, I'm calibrating my battery gonna give it another day, and then maybe try using a different kernel
I think we have too much time in our hands lol :cool:

Upvote 0
So I guess the ROM itself improves battery life... that's good, I'm calibrating my battery gonna give it another day, and then maybe try using a different kernel
I think we have too much time in our hands lol :cool:

Yeah battery life seems good,but it doesn't feel as fast as Cm6. I think i will be going back to CM6 and snap8.2 once i get my 3500mah battery.

Upvote 0
Yeah battery life seems good,but it doesn't feel as fast as Cm6. I think i will be going back to CM6 and snap8.2 once i get my 3500mah battery.

Like u said u're a snap junkie...CM6 removes a lot of crap from the system... u get over 300mb free ram. and snap it's design specifically for it, so whoever likes speed and doesnt mind losing sense, would be perfect with CM6

I'm still gonna give it a try... we'll see what happens, after all it's just as easy as restoring a nandroid to go back to CM

Upvote 0
Like u said u're a snap junkie...CM6 removes a lot of crap from the system... u get over 300mb free ram. and snap it's design specifically for it, so whoever likes speed and doesnt mind losing sense, would be perfect with CM6

I'm still gonna give it a try... we'll see what happens, after all it's just as easy as restoring a nandroid to go back to CM

Indeed I am,I been flashing snap since day one,and they r proven to deliver pure raw performance release after release,some glitches here and there but nothing to keep me away from them.

As u say a nandroid is just one click away.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones