Fresh 3.3.0.1 battery use status

Last Updated:

1. dnstommy

dnstommy Member This Topic's Starter

Just wanted to put in my two cents for those getting bad battery use with the Fresh 3.3.0.1 update.

Stock radio and PRI
    Fresh 3.3.0.1

SetCPU profiles:
    Normal: 652 / 245 onDemand
    Screen off: 245 / 245 performance

9 hr 40 min down 15% with moderate use.
    I use Exchange (with push turned on) ~125 emails, gmail, ~25 text and ~20 minutes in phone calls, Twitter, BBC news feed and No 4G.

And just a note that I had a reboot in there, so that took a few % away.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. thegame2388

thegame2388 Well-Known Member

With Fresh 3.3.0.1, netarchy 4.1.8, and juice defender, i get about 48 hours of battery time (with moderate use here and there).

3. goodboy

goodboy Well-Known Member

I installed Fresh 3.3.0.1 yesterday and while I've noted it to be so much smoother compared to stock. But, perhaps it was today only, I was only able to eek out 10hrs and 50min.

I do have SetCPU so it underclocks it to minimum when screen is off. And I do have some sort of Data connection, be it 3G or wifi, since i use google voice for texts.

Today I used the MP3 player extensively during the day, probably 5 hours, browsed online for about an hour, 2-3 calls, and a few minutes of angry birds... Little to say, it's starting to get annoying how I have to worry about the Evo dieing on me. Like many individuals I use my phone from the morning to the evening and with juice to spare to last me on an emergency.

I've been looking into different kernels but I'm unsure of how to change it and to go back to Stock kernel in case I need to take in my phone for service.

4. dnstommy

dnstommy Member This Topic's Starter

I carry a 2nd battery in my wallet just in case. During baseball season I can burn through the whole battery in one game with MLB game day and web sites. The Evo is a battery hog, but I think it is the best phone out there so I will put up with it.

5. goodboy

goodboy Well-Known Member

I really don't want to get to that level...I may continue to underclock my Evo. Right now, when its not charging, its set at 760Mhz. Tomorrow is going to be another test day(every daay has been a test day since I got it), so the phone will probably be unplugged from 8-9 am up until midnight or later...O THE JOY OF PLACEBO TESTING!

6. m-unit

m-unit Well-Known Member

I think I got a bad battery or something. My phone will be down 20-30% within the first 2 hours. That's mostly just reading my rss feeds with extra radios off and nothing updating in background.

I finally got a Sedio 3500mah battery the other day and I made it into day 3 just fine. Very happy.

anyway, fresh is awesome.

7. chillenandy321

chillenandy321 Well-Known Member

I enjoy Fresh Rom also great results all the time..

8. Cruecu

Cruecu Well-Known Member

I flashed baked snack 1.8 and I've stopped testing kernels and roms. No setcpu. I can get a few more hours of awake time on that rom than any other.