• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fresh Article on the OTA

how often are you really going to use Pinch and Zoom in google maps though? i mean yes its nice but it aint like O MY GOD I NEED IT nice and as for voice to text.. just use Handcent in my honest oppinion.

This.

I find pinch to zoom "pretty", but not functional. 90% of the time, I'm using my phone one-handed and it may sounds odd, but it's just a pain to get two fingers involved. Am I just weird? :eek:

Upvote 0
It doesn't matter if your going to use it or not. Why say you are providing it when in fact you are not?

Some people feel cheated or hoodwinked by the differences between what a device company or carrier will announce is being provided and what actually ends up in their hands.

Some come to the understanding that it is difficult to impossible for a company to be 100% dead-on about things involving several departments within; the effort and time put in to make it all happen, and the time lag between the "wish list" and the announcements and the actual making of the items/software are all huge, very huge.

What we have is quite a device, given the price especially. And those folks at HTC and Verizon are delivering on their promises as best they can in today's environment and marketing climate, in my opinion.

Relax, it's good stuff.

Upvote 0
It's apparently accelerating (the release numbers); I just got a call from a colleague in Oregon who received her OTA just a bit ago and is still loading in. She mentioned that her dad got his right about the same time, he had just called her from her mom's phone. He's in Idaho.

I'm in Idaho -- nothing here so far. I'm on leaked v3 though, not sure yet if that makes a difference.

Upvote 0
I'm on leaked v3 though, not sure yet if that makes a difference.

I've seen flat statements going both ways on that issue now.

Just today it was posted as a Verizon statement that all Eris users will get the OTA, no matter the leak or 1.5 in their device.

That followed an "official" statement from another Verizon rep that only the stock 1.5 users will receive the update and the leakers may be able to obtain it via download "at a later date."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones