Fresh Evo 0.5.3 and HTC Sync

Last Updated:

1. levi727

levi727 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all.
    I've just finished rooting, and installing my Evo that had the recent OTA update from Sprint/HTC that came out on 6-30-10.

I've rooted the phone, started actually with Fresh Evo 0.2, and updated Fresh to Fresh Evo 0.5.3

I'm having an issue trying to syncronize contacts and calendar with Outlook through HTC Sync.

I've tried to search FAQ's and any other pages I could regarding HTC Sync, but have been unable to find anything regarding custom ROMs and especially Fresh 0.5.3.

Am I missing something with the Flashing of a custom ROM? I've had no issues with HTC Sync prior to rooting / Fresh, and now am unable to get my contacts / calendar onto my phone from my PC.

Can this be done? If so, how do I get the phone to "find HTC Sync on my PC" (or vice versa)?
    If not, can someone direct me to a method maybe as either an alternative (without pushing contacts to a google account) to sync these items; or How I might be able to get back to the stock ROM in order to make the Sync work again?

I'm mainly trying to achieve 3 things:
    1. Rooted phone for ability to wifi tether, backup the phone
    2. Remove [stock] Sprint Apps (NASCAR, Sprint Football, etc...)
    3. WHile I'm at it, might play with some increase in performance / battery too.

Fresh Evo seemed to answer these, but if I can't sync, I need to return to what does work.

I (greatly) appreciate anyone's time and help with this.

Advertisement
  2. gktexas

gktexas New Member

I too have had problems with this. I've flashed several ROMs but can't seem to find an app or other solution around the HTC sync issue to get my contacts from outlook.

When I've asked people how to get around it, they say "well, just sync your desktop to google contacts" but the whole purpose of going direct to the phone from outlook is so that I can keep my contact list OFF OF Google.

Any solutions out there would be greatly appreciated! Another sync option, other app that is out there, or other custom ROM that allows for HTC sync.

3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    unfortunately, i do not use outlook so i have no real help for you myself. but, there are plenty of great people here on this forum the hopefully can help you.

4. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

AFAIK Exchange support has been fixed in many of the new ROMs. What kind of build are you running currently?