• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Fresh Evo 3.1.0.1 now available (based off official 2.2 OTA)

I did a Clear Storage from recovery..tried to install the rom it got stuck at the Fresh Boot Screen...I went back into ClockWork and did a cache wipe and did a wipe data/factory reset then tried and it booted up fine and when all was said and done i tried it....Mayyyybe its because i backed the Wifi app up in titanium before i wiped and then restored it.Maybe thats why it s works i never downloaded it over the new rom i just restored it

Upvote 0
Thanks for the link, any idea what .apk you are using on that page?

This one
chart

wireless_tether_2_0_5-pre2.apk - android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users 2.0.5-pre2 *** EXPERIMENTAL *** - Project Hosting on Google Code

Upvote 0
Nope i did it the normal way wiped data and all and wifi tethering works fine

The reason its working for you isn't because of luck, its because you're not running the fresh evo 3.1.0.1 included kernel, you installed
Netarchy-Toastmod Kernal
that kernel is KNOWN to work except that camera is 3mp instead of 8mp.

this is all KNOWN informaiton Flipz posted in the release notes.

Please READ the release notes everyone and stop misleading everyone. Its tough enough with information being out of date within 72 hours, we don't need to mislead folks.

Upvote 0
:DWireless tethering, wifi tethering update with Fresh Evo 3.1.0.1 with only updated radio, using standard kernel based on OTA, confirmed working with:
http://android-wifi-tether.googlecode.com/files/wireless_tether_2_0_5-pre7.apk
If you swap out kernel to Netarchy-Toastmod it works with 2.0.5-pre4, however you loose resolution on camera.
So, it works, after install Fresh Evo 3.1.0.1, updated radio, updated wimax, and 2.0.5pre7 you should have working wifi. I just validated it with 3 wifi clients tethered via 3g/sprint.

Upvote 0
The reason its working for you isn't because of luck, its because you're not running the fresh evo 3.1.0.1 included kernel, you installed
Netarchy-Toastmod Kernal
that kernel is KNOWN to work except that camera is 3mp instead of 8mp.

this is all KNOWN informaiton Flipz posted in the release notes.

Please READ the release notes everyone and stop misleading everyone. Its tough enough with information being out of date within 72 hours, we don't need to mislead folks.

Its in my signature that im running that kernal im not misleading no one

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones