Fresh, GK, SetCPU=Problems

Last Updated:

1. rightto360

rightto360 Member This Topic's Starter

I rooted my phone and installed fresh. I love the ability to use wireless tether. Actually that is one of the biggest reasons I rooted my phone. I installed GK and SetCPU and began having nothing but FC's and apps not running. Sprint Nav and wireless tether being the ones i need and the ones that glitch. I uninstalled setcpu and got sprint nav working but still no luck with wireless tether. Can I flash the stock kernel? if so how?

Advertisement
  2. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

if you just re-flash the stock Fresh ROM, I'm pretty sure it'll flash over the gumbo kernel, and you'll be back to standard Fresh 1.1.

Out of curiosity, what settings were you using with SetCPU? Did you make sure to select the right device when first starting?

3. drbgotenks

drbgotenks Active Member

I was in the same situation. Fresh + Gumbo Kernal + SetCPU was a disaster on my phone. Even with Setcpu at 245/480 (I think that was the setting) on demand, my battery life diminished and the FC's sucked.

Removing SetCPU and reflashing Fresh has taken care of the problem for me, like tatonka_hero said.

4. rckozma

rckozma Well-Known Member

Me too. For some reason on my phone Gumbo and Fresh do not play nicely together. My phone would constantly reboot every couple of hours. Fresh on its own works great.