Fresh gone crazy on me

Last Updated:

1. j_preu

j_preu Active Member This Topic's Starter

I've been on CM6 and have no problems with it. It's fantastic. But, I wanted to at least try out another ROM on my phone because my wife is curious about rooting but likes Sense. So, I downloaded the latest Fresh..did a backup and full wipe and installed it. It seemed to load just fine and I gave it an extra 5 min to warm up. When I unlocked the screen I was hit with force close after force close. I let it sit for another 10 min to see if things would calm down but to no avail. Back to CM6..What gives?

Advertisement
  2. androidtp

androidtp Well-Known Member

your phone misses froyo! :D

3. BlkWdoSS

BlkWdoSS Member

I had issues with the lastest fresh being excessively slow in sum instances. I switched over to cm6, Ill be awaiting the next fresh update. I love fresh roms, just couldnt handle the speed or lack there of with the lastest version. good luck

l8r,
    PD

4. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

Maybe you can try the NFX hero 2.2 ROM that's out. It has that sense experience your looking for but is very stable and fast. Been running it for near a month and had no real issues with the rom. I'd say you should give it a try. I would provide a link but I'm not currently at my desktop. But you can find it over at the xda forums on the first page of the development. Forum for the Cdma Hero

5. j_preu

j_preu Active Member This Topic's Starter

Maybe I'll try the NFX sometime. Just a little paranoid right now and CM6 is running so well.

6. MadBrown

MadBrown Well-Known Member

So far I'm disappointed with Fresh, but I don't think it's the dev's fault....I think Sense just is inherently slow on the Hero, and there's little anyone can do about it.

Thinking about going back to CM6 myself...or any other non-Sense (nonsense...lol!)-based ROM.