Fresh install help

Last Updated:

1. VReyes

VReyes Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all,

i need help on how to install Fresh (auto root). i am following the guide on how to root guidelines? i need to know if i need to download the fresh prekitchen 0.2 files first or can i go straight to the latest build Fresh Rom 2.0b + 2.0b2 (Android 2.1)

thanks

Advertisement
  2. VReyes

ok so i ran the fresh prekitchen.exe diag and got an error. see image.

i plug in the phone to the pc using a usb. did not mount to sd like it says on the root guide line from the sticky thread.

any help please,

thanks

Attached Files:

3. stinky

stinky Well-Known Member

If pre kitchen gives you errors then you should try to do it manually. Its not hard at all if you follow the directions exactly as written. Maybe there is a step here you didnt take that might help you out.

[GUIDE] How To Root The Sprint CDMA Hero (Windows) - xda-developers

Either way, you root first either through the kitchen or manually. Then you can start switching ROMs, like the ones you listed.

4. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

As stated, follow that guide. You are getting errors in pre-kitchen because you do not have some things installed. You don't have jdk (needed for signing) and you are likely missing drivers. Please follow the guide and do it manually if the kitchen is giving you errors.

As for which ROM to use, feel free to use whichever you want, once rooted you can install any Sprint HTC Hero ROM (Do NOT install a GSM ROM). Each one is pretty simple, but they all have their own instructions. Follow the instructions for each ROM and you should be good :)

5. VReyes

ohh ok. i thought Fresh rom is a one click process. i was trying to follow the guide starting from here:

Once you have read though all of the above, you may decide that manually rooting is something you would like to avoid. If that is the case, you can do the one-click/auto root option as described below:

One-Click/Auto root your phone:
    There are several auto rooters out there, but I have found this one to work the best:
    Fresh Pre-Kitchen 0.2

So what is it and how do you use it?
    This is a Windows application that will allow you to root your phone very easily. It basically does all of the steps for you, that you would normally have to do manually. This program does require the .NET Framework, make sure you have it installed and if not, get it installed.
    Please follow the instructions below:

Step 1: Download Pre-Kitchen 0.2. Unzip the files/folders.

Step 2: Download the auto-root fix here. Unzip the file and replace your existing fresh-pre-kitchen.exe (the one you just unzipped above) with the one in this zip file. *Note* Make sure you close all copies of kitchen that you have open already before doing this. *Note*

Step 3: Plug your phone into your computer and make sure USB debugging is on. DO NOT Mount the SD Card!

so you're saying i still need drivers when the guide does not say. correct?

thanks for the replies.

6. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

Yes. Start from the beginning of the tutorial and read it top to bottom. It is not good to jump around :). You might be able to get the pre-kitchen to work with the correct drivers, but again, you'll spend just as much time doing that as it will take you to manually root. Read the guide all the way through ;)

7. VReyes

ok thank you.