Fresh Kitchen / Root Explorer removing files

Last Updated:

1. SUSHIMAN808

SUSHIMAN808 New Member This Topic's Starter

I have already remove some Sprint applications using Fresh Kitchen. However in my settings/applications/manage applications page, I still see a few apps that I cannot remove like SprintTV Widget and Flickr.

I also loaded Root Explorer and wanted to try and remove some app/files that are cluttering my Hero.

Any suggestions what I can remove, some stuff in the manage application page?

also looking for the folder that has the stock Sprint ringtones, I don't use them and want to remove also.

Advertisement
  2. chinkster

chinkster Well-Known Member

what rom are you using? usually the ringtones can be found in /system/media/audio/ringtones/... as for removing sprintv and flickr, use adb and remove them at /system/app/ or /data/app/

3. SUSHIMAN808

using 2.1 ROM without the updrade, and thanks for the ringtone info!

and now that I you told me where thoese two files are, can't I just use root explorer and delete those files?

4. chinkster

chinkster Well-Known Member

i tried to use root explorer to delete those files but it didn't allow me to so i had to use adb and remove them. you can try with root explorer tho.

5. uminchu

uminchu Well-Known Member

In Root Explorer, when you get to the folder/directory where the file is stored, look up at the top. If it says "Mouted as r/o", it means the file properties are read only. There's the grey button next to it that should say "Mount R/W". Tapping it will give you read/write permission so you can remove the file.

If this works for you, don't forget to remount back to read only before exiting.

6. SUSHIMAN808

dude... you are the man! awesome info and straight foward direction!

I just deleted the files and gained some MB's.
    (moved the audio files to my SD card)