• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fresh Meat!

Hello everyone! I just bought a new Galaxy s2, and need to figure out how to use it-LOL. My last phone was a Samsung Flipshot, broke it this morning. My co-worker kept ragging me about my ancient "rotary-dial" cell phone, so I guess it was time. BTW, he's a iphone guy...
I have about 20 gigs of music on my itunes, can anyone tell me how to move it to the new phone? Thanks in advance!
Bill

Hello and welcome to Android Forums! :)

Because the Galaxy S2 classification covers different models from different carriers, the forums have been split so not to cause any confusion. Select the forum appropriate to your phone.

Samsung Galaxy S2 (AT&T) - Android Forums
Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket - Android Forums
Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile) - Android Forums
Samsung Galaxy S2 (Sprint) - Android Forums
Samsung Galaxy S2 (International) - Android Forums

On your phone, go to menu>settings>wireless & networks>usb utilities and select connect storage to PC. You should be prompted at that point to plug in your phone via USB (or unplug it, if it's already plugged in and then repeat the process.) Once it's connected you should see prompts to mount as storage, which once you accept, your phone's memory will show up on your PC as a removable drive. Open that location and create a folder called 'music' (without the quotes).

Now, find your iTunes library. Windows 7 puts it in C:\Users\<user profile>\Music\iTunes\iTunes Music. If there is enough room on your phone, simply copy all the contents of your iTunes library to the phone. Or, if you only want certain artists or albums, copy them one at a time. Since you have only 10 GB of storage internally on the phone, you'll need to edit your selections or get a 32 GB SD card.

If you have play lists in iTunes that you want as well, simply open iTunes and export the play lists as .m3u files and copy them to a folder on your phone called 'playlists'. Create it if it's not there.

When you turn off USB storage on the phone, Android will scan your new files and folders and your music will be there as well as your play lists.

Upvote 0
Hello and welcome aboard. Nice of you to stop in to join us here.

If you need any help navigating the site, just give one of us Guides a shout!
icon14.gif

Upvote 0
Fresh meat. I love it. Welcome!
I have a Motorola Millenium serviced by Cellular One. They asked me to back up my contacts, remove the SD card and then do a factory reset and then re-download Google because of problems that I am having with the AP. My question would be how can I be sure that the contacts have been backed up? I am able to access the SD card, but I don't see where the contact data resides, and don't want to lose the info.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones