• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

fresh rom 2.1.1 lags on receiving and making calls

Is anyone noticing lag on this? My phone will start to ring, but then like 4 seconds later the option to accept the call will come up. Also, when dialing out I feel like it lags with Fresh 2.1.1 -- trying to use my phone as a phone!

The fresh 2.1.1 ROM is for the most part a very smooth experience. But making/receiving a phone call is a little frustrating. I end placing a call and then hanging up due to the lag. But this post would most likely get more attention in the root section of the forum. Unless of coarse all 2.1 android users are experiencing the same problem on the HTC Hero?

Upvote 0
mine can be a little laggy but i haven't noticed anything that to me i would call unacceptable. now, if i'm out for a run and using tracker, and listening to some music...hahaha forget about it! the couple times i've gotten a call during one of those moments (and "run" means i may be walking a bit lol) it is basically impossible to answer the phone

Upvote 0
Is anyone noticing lag on this? My phone will start to ring, but then like 4 seconds later the option to accept the call will come up. Also, when dialing out I feel like it lags with Fresh 2.1.1 -- trying to use my phone as a phone!
Thanks for starting this thread. If anything annoys me its the lag when receiving and making calls. I am happy with the 2.1 update but, its overall buggy. We waited all this time for a buggy update. I should rooted a long time ago. But I am happy with the new Market.

Upvote 0

Weird thing happened to me today. I was finished with the call, and used the end hard key to get back to the dialer screen (the screen had dimmed) and touched the end call button on the screen. The button went black, like it was ending the call, but the call continued. I pressed the return hard key to get to my home screen, and in the not. bar, there was an icon for a call in progress. I swiped the not. bar down and went to the phone call from there, but the end call button was still black! I could not end the call. I had to shut the phone off to end the call. Anybody else have that happen?

Upvote 0
There is dialer lag on 2.1. You can help it by removing the Facebook account for htc sense. Also, remove the htc email, and messaging widgets. Helped my dialer a lot.

I'm experiencing both the lag in dialing and some delay in hanging up since getting my update a few days ago. Not thrilled about the idea that the solution is do delete facebook, email & messaging widgets.

anyone else have ideas?

here's a related/unrelated question:
should I root?

sprint/HTC Hero

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones