• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fresh Toast 2.1

reasons to not use apps2sd??

how about if your SD card fails.. your screwed.. if you run the version of apps2sd that moves the system cache over to the SD card.. well.. you'd be looking at running the RUU to recover from the SD card failing. with 130mb free space that leaves a LOT of room for plenty of apps.. and really... do you need to have the entire market installed?

Upvote 0
thoughts on this ROM? I have yet to flash it.

Aloysius is my ROM. its so pretttttyyy:D

Hello -- if you would like to fully understand what this ROM is, and is about, you should visit the Geek-4-Me (Flipz's) web site and read about it.
It has a different purpose and is a bit different than Fresh 2.1.

It is not a "stable" release, but an experimental development ROM.

Good Luck --- ;)

Upvote 0

how about if your SD card fails.. your screwed.. if you run the version of apps2sd that moves the system cache over to the SD card.. well.. you'd be looking at running the RUU to recover from the SD card failing. with 130mb free space that leaves a LOT of room for plenty of apps.. and really... do you need to have the entire market installed?

my thoughts exactly

Upvote 0
Hello -- if you would like to fully understand what this ROM is, and is about, you should visit the Geek-4-Me (Flipz's) web site and read about it.
It has a different purpose and is a bit different than Fresh 2.1.

It is not a "stable" release, but an experimental development ROM.

Good Luck --- ;)

wha makes it not stable? or should i just go read it again?? lol..

Upvote 0
Fresh Toast isn't working on my phone.. Tried several different ways to no avail.

I am using Fresh 2.1.1. right now and it is working fine.

Fresh 2.1.1 and Fresh Toast 2.0 uses apps2sd but does NOT move the cache over. You have to adb command it to do it.

Fresh Toast is a bit unstable (although seems to be working perfectly for many) because of the extra goodies.

Overclocked, etc etc

Upvote 0
I ran it yesterday. It is fast but was not the most stable. I had issues with incoming phone calls. Wiped and rebooted several times problem didnt go away. Gave flipz my info. Sounds like this bug is hit and miss. Some phones do it some dont. Other than that it was very very fast. Switched back to fresh 2.1.1 til a fix is put out for freshtoast.

Upvote 0
I believe I will stay on 2.0d until Toast is stable. Toast sounds great!

It will be interesting to see what they do with Fresh Toast. Has a lot of potential for new and interesting features.

IMHO, Sprint's release today of the RUU for the Hero will be the last commercial Sprint ROM we will see for the Hero. So this really opens the door for new and innovative features in the Fresh and Toast ROMs.

If you have not had a chance to visit their site, it is: Geek For Me – Android CDMA Sprint Hero

Given all the work these dedicated folks do, it is worth supporting them as well.

Have fun -- :D

Upvote 0
can you explain your reasons on why you're not using it?

Yeah, what they said :p

Upvote 0
Can anyone else running this confirm 100% awake time?

I had it with Fresh 2.1.1 and now with Fresh Toast, but not with Fresh 2.0d.

Any ideas how to stop it? I really like and want to continue running Fresh Toast, as it does lock up once in a while, when it works, it is really fast.

It is strange how this problem occurs randomly between units. I have never had a problem with it, regardless of what op system I was running. Works just fine. :eek: Wish there was a solution that would work on all problem units....BTW, my unit is a "with Google" version, not that that has any bearing on the issue....just FYI.

Upvote 0
No good for me. Just generally not very quick (Yes, I was using SetCPU) and yesterday while using Bluetooth connection to my car it went bonkers. Slowed to a grind after the other person accidentally hung up. Couldn't do ANYTHING. Pulled the battery. Happened again. Finally I had to bring up the recovery image and do a nandroid restore (good thing I had backed up earlier in the day when flashing the new Toast).

I appreciate what these guys do (I donated so I get the links) but this was a very unpleasant experience. I was on limited time and spent over 10 minutes before I could call this person back, meanwhile she was worried about what was going on...so I'm going back to 2.0d.

Upvote 0
No good for me. Just generally not very quick (Yes, I was using SetCPU) and yesterday while using Bluetooth connection to my car it went bonkers. Slowed to a grind after the other person accidentally hung up. Couldn't do ANYTHING. Pulled the battery. Happened again. Finally I had to bring up the recovery image and do a nandroid restore (good thing I had backed up earlier in the day when flashing the new Toast).

I appreciate what these guys do (I donated so I get the links) but this was a very unpleasant experience. I was on limited time and spent over 10 minutes before I could call this person back, meanwhile she was worried about what was going on...so I'm going back to 2.0d.

Did you happen to see what they posted:

flipz said:
A note on slowness: It is coming to our attention that there are several bugs in the latest Sprint 2.27.651.5 RUU which is presumed to be the final build. It doesn

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones