• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fresh Toast 2.1

Did you happen to see what they posted:

Of course I saw this. This was NOT "Lag"

I couldn't even get into settings to make any changes. In fact, the screen went black and pushing HOME only took me to home screen after about 30 seconds (yes, I waited to see what was happening). Once in HOME, pushing "menu" for example resulted in the menu popping up about 15 seconds later. It is not lag. It is unusable.

Then, after I waited to see what was going on, I was having everything force close. Multiple processes, all force closing, even after a reboot. Trust me, this was NOT LAG or a "slow" running phone. It was an OS that simply got corrupted and stopped working.

Upvote 0
Hmm, it's possible, maybe it somehow picked up that 19Mhz bug or whatever it was. I tried checking that, but when I tried opening SetCPU it took about 30 seconds and then force closed. Without me doing anything else. I tried twice, after rebooting. I really had no choice, I couldn't get anywhere to make any changes or even look at anything, I'd get a black screen and random force closing of everything I tried opening and even other stuff. I tried over and over and finally just restored...

I know that it's "experimental" and I'm not complaining, like I said I appreciate these guys' work. I'm just saying personally it didn't work for me and I went back...I wouldn't hesitate to donate again when I got something I used extensively like I donated for the first time I got the Fresh ROM...so perhaps I'll just wait until then.

Upvote 0
I understand what you're saying. OC isn't for everyone :). I haven't even tried the ROM yet myself, but likely will. I am curious though, did you try using the Overclock Widget instead of SetCPU?

I haven't read a lot about this rom, but what i have read says to use the o'clock widget and not setcpu. There have been multiple similar issues as this with setcpu, and not so much with the widget....

Upvote 0
Can anyone else running this confirm 100% awake time?

I had it with Fresh 2.1.1 and now with Fresh Toast, but not with Fresh 2.0d.

Any ideas how to stop it? I really like and want to continue running Fresh Toast, as it does lock up once in a while, when it works, it is really fast.
Even with playing with the phone A LOT as I have tried different apps, uninstalled the ones I didn't like, and not running OC widget the whole time, I do not have 100% awake time. Did you flash the latest radio update too? Before flashing the latest radio my reception really sucked with this ROM. That could affect your battery too.

Download: Radio Baseband 2.42.01.04.27 for Sprint CDMA Hero Geek For Me – Android CDMA Sprint Hero

Upvote 0
Can anyone else running this confirm 100% awake time?

I had it with Fresh 2.1.1 and now with Fresh Toast, but not with Fresh 2.0d.

Any ideas how to stop it? I really like and want to continue running Fresh Toast, as it does lock up once in a while, when it works, it is really fast.
I had the issue after flashing 2.1.1, but 2 reboots cleared it up. Now successfully running FT21 with (so far) no awake issues.

Upvote 0
Those using FreshToast with OC Widget, did you use the standard settings or the Advanced settings? If advanced, how do you have it setup ?
Flipz recommended, "In OC Widget just go in to settings and click “Detect frequencies” to have it read them." (Must go into Advanced Settings to get there) So that is what I did. You have to click the "Use your frequencies" box to click the "Detect frequencies" option. There are intervals checked in the drop-down menu for frequencies, but I didn't mess with that. Only other thing I did was clicked for it to "Suppress notifications" and to "Auto start" on reboot.

For about half of today I used my phone as I normally do (instead of messing with apps and settings too) and the ROM seems to be learning my needs for speed. I said the accelerometer seemed not as quick maybe as in Fresh 2.0d, but it seems to be where I expected it to be (very snappy) now. Using Dolphin HD browser, if that makes any difference. Also I have not lost the mobile network today. Seems very good. Fast, quick, snappy, and customizable for someone who knows more of what they are doing.

Upvote 0
Been using it for 48 hours... and it is blazing fast with LauncherPro and OC widget. No issues to speak of so far, but I have not made many calls yet. No problems with awake time either. The reason I switched to this ROM in the first place was because I had 100% awake time running DC 2.08.1. I've also been unplugged for 24 hours now and still have 43% battery left. Woo :D

Upvote 0
did you have to delete your facebook account then readd it to get it to all sync, or when u first flashed the rom everything synced for u and u were able to link ur contacts?

I just flash over Fresh 2.1.1 and everything was working. Didn't had to any remove or delete on any apps or setting except autokiller didn't seem to stick my memory free setting. I had to reapply and reboot my hero since then everything is good.

Upvote 0
Now that I am running Fresh Toast 2.1 with my phone usage like I normally do, the ROM is very stable with no issues. Where I think my issues with a small drop in speed that I should have had and the mobile network drops happened were likely from me fiddling with the phone a lot and changing settings for apps I was trying and deleting the ones I didn't like. Now that I'm using the phone in a stable manner the ROM is stable too. Color me happy.

Upvote 0
I just flash over Fresh 2.1.1 and everything was working. Didn't had to any remove or delete on any apps or setting except autokiller didn't seem to stick my memory free setting. I had to reapply and reboot my hero since then everything is good.

it's safe to use auto killer on this rom with oc? i thought auto killer was the answer for making our phones snappy and fast on the other 2.1 roms since we couldn't use setcpu or oc. or am i wrong?

Upvote 0
I'm using fresh toast 2.1, but my battery never makes it through the day. It's a great ROM, and I find it to be mostly stable, but if my battery won't last I'm going to have to switch back to fresh 2.1.1. Is anyone else having this problem with battery life?

I've identified a couple of things I think are draining the battery, maybe others can investigate these to see if they have similar issues:

I got to the testing screen by opening up the phone screen and dialing "*#*#4636#*#*" after you press the last star the phone should automatically come up with the testing screen. From there you can press battery history and it will show you what has been using your battery and in what way.

I found that my awake time is hovering around 50%-way higher than it should be, and when I went to see the partial wake usage the bar for "android system" half way across the screen and all the rest are minimal. This puzzles me because I don't know why the android system should be using partial awake at all, let alone 50% of the time, but even more puzzling than that was when I went to look at network usage under that same screen I found that there is something called "0" at the top and the bar for it's network usage is absolutely full. All the other bars are less than an 8th with only facebook even close to that, so I don't understand what this "0" thing is or why it's using so much network up. Anyone else having similar problems or have any recommendations on how to stop either of these things from happening?

Upvote 0
I'm using fresh toast 2.1, but my battery never makes it through the day. It's a great ROM, and I find it to be mostly stable, but if my battery won't last I'm going to have to switch back to fresh 2.1.1. Is anyone else having this problem with battery life?

I've identified a couple of things I think are draining the battery, maybe others can investigate these to see if they have similar issues:

I got to the testing screen by opening up the phone screen and dialing "*#*#4636#*#*" after you press the last star the phone should automatically come up with the testing screen. From there you can press battery history and it will show you what has been using your battery and in what way.

I found that my awake time is hovering around 50%-way higher than it should be, and when I went to see the partial wake usage the bar for "android system" half way across the screen and all the rest are minimal. This puzzles me because I don't know why the android system should be using partial awake at all, let alone 50% of the time, but even more puzzling than that was when I went to look at network usage under that same screen I found that there is something called "0" at the top and the bar for it's network usage is absolutely full. All the other bars are less than an 8th with only facebook even close to that, so I don't understand what this "0" thing is or why it's using so much network up. Anyone else having similar problems or have any recommendations on how to stop either of these things from happening?

I can usually get 8ish hours out of mine with Fresh Toast and OC'd and autokiller.. Not enough to get through the day, but no issues with wake time. I tend to bring my charger with me everywhere though, so it doesn't really bother me. No matter where I am, there will be a wall outlet, a usb outlet, or a car outlet somewhere. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones