2. chistery

chistery Well-Known Member

Any comments yet? (Before I do mine!)
  3. ROBIN50N

ROBIN50N Well-Known Member

nothing new from what ive seen on mine.
  4. chaz_uk

chaz_uk Well-Known Member

Just updated my n1 on the road. (downloaded zip, renamed to update.zip and moved to sd card root).

We're in the middle of a journey so I can't see what has changed as were using it as a gps but the phone updated fine.

Will test once we get to where we're going. Thanks for the heads up!
  5. rubi76

rubi76 Well-Known Member

can someone let us know if the market problem (not seeing all the applications) is fixed? thanks
  6. calemon

calemon Member

You've got a set of brass ones on you chaz there buddy, but I guess that's how we roll since we got our N1's for the freedom it gives away from the different carriers, right?
  7. robwscott

robwscott Well-Known Member

this is my first time trying anything like this on my n1 =NOOB (kina) but ....pretty sure i followed the steps correctly but when i get to the flash from sd card and press trackball to confirm it says : E:no signature
    E:verification failed
    installation aborted

pls help...
  8. ROBIN50N

ROBIN50N Well-Known Member

no protected apps are showing in market yet:(
  9. rubi76

rubi76 Well-Known Member

that sucks!
  10. chistery

chistery Well-Known Member

Unless you did the last manual update to FRF50 then it won't work. Your post suggests you didn't. You need to do the manual update to FRF50 then apply this new one.
  11. robwscott

robwscott Well-Known Member

FRF50 was on the phone when i purchased it.. so i am assuming who ever had the pone before me did this??? it says build FRF50 under about phone ..
  12. rubi76

rubi76 Well-Known Member

No moving apps to sd card yet....
  13. uoY_redruM

uoY_redruM Well-Known Member

Is it just the usual rename to "update.zip" and follow normal process?

EDIT:

Answered my own question lol.

Updated to FRF72. Haven't really noticed anything yet, but after a full day of work I'm sure I'll notice small things that may have changed. I'll report back.
  14. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Yes there is. Not only that, it was available on FRF50 as well.
  15. CirkDroid

CirkDroid Well-Known Member

Why would there be any sort of change like that. For people that obsess over every single little thing that gets released into the wild, you would think you would realize two things:

A: moving apps to cd card's does not work automatically, the app developer has to implement it

B: It's a RADIO patch
  16. uoY_redruM

uoY_redruM Well-Known Member

Yeah, FRF50 implemented the Move App To SD feature BUT the app developer themselves have to enable the feature in order for you to use it....
  17. bitxboi

bitxboi Well-Known Member

successfully updated to FRF72. Haven't noticed anything new, time will tell if there are further improvements in Radio or battery (they are somehow related)
  18. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

No it's not, it's still 4.06, same as FRF50.
  19. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

I think I will just wait for the OTA , unless something is reported that i cant resist having
  20. t0ph0id

t0ph0id Well-Known Member

I've decided to do the same. No point updating if nothing drastic has changed + I still want to receive the OTA update.
  21. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

I'm pretty certain there will be an OTA from FRF72.
  22. club968

club968 Well-Known Member

I'm updating mine now. I was pretty happy with FRF50 except for the Market not showing protected apps and that I had more force closes than anytime before. I hope I can get A online radio to start working too. But I'm not expecting miracles :D.
  23. BreatheElectro

BreatheElectro Well-Known Member

So this must be the update, Google employees got a week ago.

I will probably install this today lol. I assume bug fixes since it's a small file
  24. temperbad

temperbad Active Member

Haven't seen it mentioned yet but this for now will only work on stock non rooted frf50 roms... us rooted folks will have to wait for devs to make a coming from rooted frf50 version.....
  25. JDlawyer

JDlawyer Well-Known Member

I just downloaded and installed the FRF72 build. No problem. Had to rename it update on my SD card. Haven't noticed any differences as far as any new features. I will keep an eye out to see if the problems with the WiFi connection being dropped have been solved. I have noticed that every once in a while I have to turn the WiFi on and off because the phone loses the connection with my home WiFi. I hope this version fixes this problem for me. My initial impression is that this build is a stability upgrade.