FRF91 Froyo Running On Milestone = Increased Hope For Us

Last Updated:

1. Gamble

Gamble Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. anaphora68

anaphora68 Well-Known Member

I'm definitely going to be patient on this.

I would take stock Froyo over Moto-Blur any day of the week, so I might hold out hope. Let's see what Birdman can cook up...

3. anaphora68

Also, one thing to bear in mind. It looks like this is just a simple mod. The kernel is a 2.1 kernel, so there are going to be issues as far as drivers, etc. Still, it's a step in the right direction.

4. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

Have you added launcherpro or ADW? They are basically customizeable versions of stock.

5. anaphora68

I've been a faithful Launcher Pro user since the beginning. I even upgraded to Plus last week.

The ONE thing that bugs me is that when I click on a contact picture, I get launched into the contact card. I miss the icons popping up allowing me to select an action.

It's the little things I miss.

6. pjsockett

pjsockett Well-Known Member

The big difference is that in a short time we will have a proper kernel where milestone will not making it much easier for us to go stock.

That only only changes the launcher once you get past that there are still elements of the Moto version left behind, like the contact app and the ugly lock screen.

7. kwest12

kwest12 Well-Known Member

I will admit my understanding of what they're doing with the Milestone is basically zero. If anyone understands it a little better, could you answer the following:

Once the DX gets Froyo, we will obviously have the Froyo kernal: will we be able to essentially intall custom cooked Froyo ROMs at that point? In other words will we be seeing BB and CM ROMs similar to other phones?

8. pjsockett

pjsockett Well-Known Member

It doesn't mean we we be able to flash because we have the kernel. It does mean that once we can flash rims we will have the proper drivers to make everything work.