FRG01B Deodexed from Peter Alfonso

RRS Poll - Please Rate this ROM only if you have flashed it.

1. 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Pfilly

Pfilly Well-Known Member

Pete's blog:
    http://www.peteralfonso.com/

Download:
    http://androidoverdrive.com/pete/OEM/FRG01BDEODEXED.zip

(Sorry if I beat you to the punch Pete.)

***** ROM Reviews *****

Review by wadsface
    [Hide]Vitals:
    A stock Android build, deodexed for theming.
    Appearance:
    Completely stock. If you were to get the official 2.2 update today, this is what your phone would look like, minus the Ninja in your app drawer. Everything is just the way Google left it. It is deodexed to allow for themes. I have not been able to find any themes specifically for FRG01B, but this is also the latest release (at the time of this review) so there may not be any quite yet.
    Speed:
    Froyo fast. I have only used the stock kernel, which is 250-800mhz. Set to 800mhz, I do not have any lag in home screen scrolling, app drawer usage or app opening/closing. I did have quite a bit of home screen redrawing after being in an application for some time. This has happened to me on a number of ROMs though so it may be phone specific. Got an average of 12 on Linpack, Quadrant was 1036.
    Special Features:
    None at all! Other then deodexing, which the user would not notice, it is completely stock Android.
    Breakdown:
    I would recommend this ROM to anyone new to rooting, or someone who likes the stock Android look. It is VERY stable, I had no FC

Advertisement
    :
  2. vr6dubbin

vr6dubbin Well-Known Member

Only one way to find out! Didn't even know there was a deodexed version. Now I can flash.
  3. wadsface

wadsface Well-Known Member

Vitals:
    A stock Android build, deodexed for theming.
    Appearance:
    Completely stock. If you were to get the official 2.2 update today, this is what your phone would look like, minus the Ninja in your app drawer. Everything is just the way Google left it. It is deodexed to allow for themes. I have not been able to find any themes specifically for FRG01B, but this is also the latest release (at the time of this review) so there may not be any quite yet.
    Speed:
    Froyo fast. I have only used the stock kernel, which is 250-800mhz. Set to 800mhz, I do not have any lag in home screen scrolling, app drawer usage or app opening/closing. I did have quite a bit of home screen redrawing after being in an application for some time. This has happened to me on a number of ROMs though so it may be phone specific. Got an average of 12 on Linpack, Quadrant was 1036.
    Special Features:
    None at all! Other then deodexing, which the user would not notice, it is completely stock Android.
    Breakdown:
    I would recommend this ROM to anyone new to rooting, or someone who likes the stock Android look. It is VERY stable, I had no FC’s and everything worked as intended. If you are looking to have a more customizable experience I would shy away from this as there are no special options.
    3/5
    wolftickets and Pfilly like this.
  4. BlueIce5249

BlueIce5249 Well-Known Member

Any difference between this and the FRF84 or 91?
  5. Papadroid

Papadroid VIP Member VIP Member

Yes, this is the latest Motorola Droid leak. FRF84 is the previous Motorola Droid Leak to where as the FRF91 is the Nexus One build.