• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root FRG01B Market problems

AndroidsOfTara

Android Enthusiast
Nov 14, 2009
Tara
Is anyone else (and I know the answer must be "yes") having market issues with FRG01B?

I am having issues with purchased protected apps (bTunes and RadioTime in my case) not showing up in the Market with BOTH the FRG01B Pete released on August 3 and the one Koush made available in Rom Manager today (or last night).

Yes, I wiped Data / Cache (three times!).

I've also tried clearing the Market cache and rebooting.

These apps simply will not show up in the Market, but they did with FRF84.

Is anyone else (and I know the answer must be "yes") having market issues with FRG01B?

I am having issues with purchased protected apps (bTunes and RadioTime in my case) not showing up in the Market with BOTH the FRG01B Pete released on August 3 and the one Koush made available in Rom Manager today (or last night).

Yes, I wiped Data / Cache (three times!).

I've also tried clearing the Market cache and rebooting.

These apps simply will not show up in the Market, but they did with FRF84.

I just checked mine, I installed the FRG01B about 2 hours ago, and I am not sure what the issue is with these 2, I can search for bTunes and it locates it, but when I do a search for RadioTime it does not find it. I have had these issues with earlier Rom's and the way I retrieved these files was by using AppBrain. If you ask appbrain to send you to the page it usually will not go tp these files, but if you install the new remote install program (Fast Web Installer), you can push these apps to your phone. That is how I managed to get some of the others that I own that did not show up to install.

I'm guessing that this may be an app market issue as much as a Rom issue since all the 2.2 Rom's that I have tried had some sort of market issue unless an update was run to trick the market you were running 2.1.

Reactions: AndroidsOfTara
Upvote 0
I just checked mine, I installed the FRG01B about 2 hours ago, and I am not sure what the issue is with these 2, I can search for bTunes and it locates it, but when I do a search for RadioTime it does not find it.

I'm guessing that this may be an app market issue as much as a Rom issue since all the 2.2 Rom's that I have tried had some sort of market issue unless an update was run to trick the market you were running 2.1.

Thanks for the info.

the bTunes that shows up (for both of us) is only for Android 1.6.

I found an alternative build.prop file on another forum which did the trick and allowed me to find the missing apps in the Market.

I didn't use the update.zip method of installing the replacement build.prop. I extracted and copied the file to my SD card and used Root Explorer to make a backup of the old before copying the new into the /system directory.

This new build prop makes the phone show its build number as "voles-userdebug 2.2 FRFxx 33333 test-keys". I'll switch back to the proper build.prop once the market issues are resolved.

Reactions: Sele
Upvote 0

heck, I could have done that :p

But I guess since you started the topic, answerd your own question, said how you solved it, you might actually provide the details here so others do not have to Google and read 18 pages or numerous sites to do it themselves. so here, I'll do it for us :)

the zip file is here in post #1

You can download this to your SD card, and then install by selecting "install rom from sd card" from within ROM Manager

Reactions: AndroidsOfTara
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones