FRG22D and I'm Happy

Last Updated:

1. cdgofish

cdgofish New Member This Topic's Starter

I like most forced the 2.2 from this website and was having the same problems of sluggishness on displays and battery problems. I cured the battery issue by loading Advanced Task Killer 2.2. It's not as simple as the original but it does kill almost all app's except for Google Services Framework and Android keyboard which are needed I guess. Like I said my battery usage went back to normal but I still had the sluggish response on screens. Two nights ago while out of town for work I recieved the OTA for FRG22D. At first I was scared cause some have had even more issues with it but I bit the bullet and let it load. All is great now. My screens aren't sluggish anymore, I didn't lose anything that I can tell so far and all applications are working without issue. I have used the Touchdown App for my email exchange server and it has never had any issues with any of the upgrades. I've also noticed something new since the upgrade, I no longer have to long onto my VPN to get my emails when tethering with PDANet on my laptop. I guess since the Touchdown App is already running with my VPN, it syncs with it and automatically syncs the two together. I'll quit gloating now since I know there is a lot of guys on here having real issues. I just figured I would post something positive to give some a little glimmer of hope.

Advertisement
    tjoebgen likes this.
  2. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

FINALLY! SOMEONE!:p:D

3. jmack356

jmack356 Active Member

No problems here either, or with FRG01B when it came either.
    My Droid is more stable & reliable (haven't seen a FC in weeks) and it's definitely faster especially the browser & GPS. Battery life actually improved too.
    No issues whatsoever.

4. eraymond

eraymond Member

Same here. First 2.2 was horriblhorribly laggy. 22D is zippy.

5. bleedGreen

bleedGreen Well-Known Member

mee too!!! i forced it and thank you for all of yous who helped me find a link I was looking for

6. Shootr

Shootr Well-Known Member

Got it last night, definite improvement on performance - very pleased. Any new features I'm missing? Just noticed the icons in settings seem different, maybe just me.

7. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

Glad to see peeps enjoying the froyo otas. There are so many posts about people having problems with froyo.
    Kinda refreshing! Hehe:)

8. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

I too have not noticed any issues with either update.

Kratos

9. gaajiwaaih

gaajiwaaih Active Member

Audio quality in Pandora and Slacker is much improved

10. Eurosteve

Eurosteve Well-Known Member

No problems here, except the SiriusXM app doesn't work with froyo.
    Very zippy.

11. MiBFTo

MiBFTo Member

I'm delighted to report: my forced Froyo update was sad. Choppy, stiff, blah. The OTA came yesterday and all is vastly improved.

12. snapcase

snapcase Well-Known Member

I only updated to FRG22D the day before yesterday when it came OTA. Before the update with the first build of Froyo, I was reduced to 9hrs average battery life, 12hrs tops. Yesterday, I got 18hrs of battery life with FRG22D.

One odd thing happened though. I was at 18 hours of uptime, and my battery said it still had half a charge. I was amazed... then I launched the browser, and it jumped from half charge, to deep in the red and I got the message that I had 5% or less left on my battery. I really hope this was a one-time thing and it doesn't habitually report the wrong battery charge now.

13. bjamerican

bjamerican Well-Known Member

Not so. All AAC+ audio sounds distorted and full of compression artifacts after the FRG22D update. The decoder still is not handling the SBR components properly and seems to be introducing noise during playback.

Again, I have reverted to 2.1. Having Flash capability would be nice, but streaming audio is more important to me.

14. DTM

DTM Active Member

Some improvement to performance since I got the new OTA today. New issue, all my apps that use GPS for location have me about 200 miles away. Google maps fixes itself after about 5 mins, but the news and weather app I've had to force it to use my location not where it thinks I am. There is no hope for the browser I just can't use the stuff that I need my location in order to use. I've been doing resets and battery pulls all day hoping it would get better. Guess I'll have to take it to the store.