16 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    33.3%

Last Updated:

1. Jon Nale

Jon Nale Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Since sometime in June-July, I noticed that my phone was getting rather sluggish (it probably was happening for awhile, but this is when I noticed it). For example, sometimes I would load up the web browser or Handcent, and it would take anywhere from 3-5 seconds before I could do anything. Sometimes when I was in an app and hit the home button, nothing would happen for around 2 seconds. etc...

Last night, I got the FRG22D update. I have only been testing it since this morning, but my phone feels much smoother. Loading apps seems much quicker, and when I hit the home button while in an app, my phone returns to the home screen almost immediately.

Is this just me wishful thinking, or is anyone else noticing this?

Advertisement
  2. pman555

pman555 Active Member

My home page icons still take like 10 seconds to refresh after taking my phone off of the charging station in the morning. Not cool.

3. RandolphNY

RandolphNY Well-Known Member

Received this morning....NOT impressed! I want Live TV to work

4. sorceror

sorceror Well-Known Member

I've been hit with the "home screen icons lag" since the first 2.2 update. I received the second update to FRG22D this morning... and it's actually a little worse.

Quitting most apps seems, so far, to load up the icons reasonably quickly. Not a lot of time to really play with it yet. But I use a program called TxdPad Lite, and quitting from that after editing a file... I've had the home screen lock up twice. Either a blank screen with just the background, or some icons... but the "news and weather" widget blank. In neither case would it respond to touch for many seconds.

Think I'll finally be rooting. Haven't felt much need before, but cripes...

5. WJ1023

WJ1023 Well-Known Member

I did the manual update and the first few days were sluggish. I've noticed over the last couple days that things have become a lot smoother. I've done a few reboots over the last week since the install. so maybe give it some time and gets better. ???

6. JuicyJones

JuicyJones Well-Known Member

I met up with my Mom, she lives about an hour away from me. She was complaining that after the 2 updates she received her keyboard was laggy. I met up with her, and ran a quadrant test out of curiosity...752. My Incredible 2.2 is getting 1300-1400 with 2.2 so I figured her Droid should be posting higher scores. So I hard reset and wiped cache partition. Now, she's getting 921.

If you're having issues, I recommend a hard reset.

7. jmt9779

jmt9779 Well-Known Member

I'm not having "bad" results from either of the 2.2 OTA updates, but I still miss 2.1. I'm actually considering rooting just go backwards. Eclair fo' life!