• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FRG22D manual install is available

great.. so, what do you notice? anything different. both are pretty much vanilla no theme basic rooted 2.2 ROMS.

what do you see or feel or notice different if anything?

Well, the phone runs a hellova lot smoother after this update than it did after the first 2.2 update. I had to reboot a few times after the first update to get the phone feeling "smooth" again.

So far it feels nice and snappy (I use LauncherPro). I'm more pleased with this FRG22D update than I was with FRG01B, initially.

Upvote 0
Well, the phone runs a hellova lot smoother after this update than it did after the first 2.2 update. I had to reboot a few times after the first update to get the phone feeling "smooth" again.

So far it feels nice and snappy (I use LauncherPro). I'm more pleased with this FRG22D update than I was with FRG01B, initially.

did you just install right over, or did you do the whole wipe and delete data and cache as well?

Upvote 0
I just did it, easy as pie.

Downloading Flash from the Market right now.

doing it is no biggie... the point of doing it, if you already have rooted FRG01B is the quesiton. no noticable benefits, no thanks. I have a stable system, so going to let it ride unless something great that comes from it is noted. which I do not expect.

ps - I have had flash for weeks and had the final 10.1 last week :)

Upvote 0
Also, just FYI if someone comes across this searching FRG22D since root content and threads get mixed in even in this not root area...

this is for NOT rooted users. It says "*NOTE 2* - There is a chance you will lose root should you update to this from FRG01B. While the update file is only 1.6MB, it sounds like it is still capable of breaking root. Avoid for now if you wish to stay rooted." (and read the comments). So if you use this link above, your going to loose your root. if your not rooted and/or do not care about losing your root, use this above manual update.

now if you are rooted and want to keep it that way, for now, there is a deodexed and ROOTED version of FRG22D available from P3 elsewhere in the root section. so IF you want FRG22D and you want to KEEP root do not do this download above and do find the deodexed FRG22D by P3.

Reactions: Bobo
Upvote 0
I'm not sure what type of wi-fi problems some of you are having, but I was having wi-fi problems under 2.0.1, 2.1, and 2.2 (the first release). The problem was that the phone would connect to the router and work just fine for a while, but at some point I would not have an internet connection anymore even though the phone was still connected to the router. It was almost as if the phone had lost an IP address or something of that nature. Long story short, I got sick of trying to find fixes for this issue with no luck so I decided to swap my router (TreadNet wireless-N emitting G signals only) with my parents router (Netgear wireless-G) and since then I haven't had any issues. So if you are having wi-fi issues, I suggest you try out a different router and see if you have any luck

Upvote 0
I wonder if it will help with the wifi issues some of us are having.

But wouldn't that issue fall under "bug"?

just an update, besides the known Flash 10.1 provided in the market, some of the other "bug and security fixes" I have read about are.

1. the ability for Exchange admins to enforce security settings
2. kills root
3. kills exploit used by Easy Root

Upvote 0
HTML:
Manually Update to FRG22D Froyo for DROID Now! | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

well this was redundant as I post a link which used this forum as its source DOH!

i went to the droidlife site on my d1 to download update-zip pressed the "link" and came to a site called "megaupload" w/ the file name update zip w/ it....i have to enter a couple of symbols to prove i am real then download....OK well thinking it downloaded, went to reboot w updated file well its the 1st 2.2.......do i have to use ASTRO to finish...and if so how do i utilize ASTRo

Upvote 0
This is getting routine now. Downloaded the files from the google servers (the other megadownload was temporarily unavailable). Renamed the file to update.zip and pretended I was doing the same update I did with the first 2.2b update. It went smoothly, no problems. Everything seems to be going fine.

It took me about three tries to complete the download of Flash 10.1 from the market but I have finally loaded it. So far everything is going fine. :)

Upvote 0
This is getting routine now. Downloaded the files from the google servers (the other megadownload was temporarily unavailable). Renamed the file to update.zip and pretended I was doing the same update I did with the first 2.2b update. It went smoothly, no problems. Everything seems to be going fine.

It took me about three tries to complete the download of Flash 10.1 from the market but I have finally loaded it. So far everything is going fine. :)
I did the the download through google link and changed the name then it took me to the astro wasnt sure how to get the download from the fkn astro app help

Upvote 0
I did the the download through google link and changed the name then it took me to the astro wasnt sure how to get the download from the fkn astro app help

While I've loaded Astro I didn't need to use it. Once I mounted the USB I could use Windows Explorer to copy the file from my PC Download directory to the root ("\") of the SD card of my phone. Then Unmount and turn off the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones