FRG22D rom support??

Last Updated:

1. tschuller83

tschuller83 New Member This Topic's Starter

Im currently running FRG22D newest version OTA update and i am rooted using SPrecovery... last question i have is i know alot of developers use 2.1 as a base pattern for their ROM's... am i still able to use ANY ROM i want or am i limited to only using ones that are formatted in the FRG22 series?? Thanks for all the help as i am learning alot.

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Since the ROM effectively erases your System partition and replaces it with the one contained within the ROM's .ZIP file, it really doesn't matter which you use, to that extent - so you can use a ROM based upon 2.1.

Some people have had issues with the latest baseband running on older ROMs - but IIRC those same folks also had issues using the latest baseband on and ROM-base, so that is really a non-factor.

The biggest factor will be that you will be urged to perform a factory reset and reinstall your apps when changing ROM-bases. If the ROM developer does nto urge you to do so, I do.

3. tschuller83

tschuller83 New Member This Topic's Starter

So change back to factory default as if i just purchased the phone going back to 2.1 ... ??

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Factory Reset does not alter your ROM

Only the apps and settings on your phone