FRG83D: Wireless finally fixed?

Last Updated:

1. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor This Topic's Starter

This morning I finally got my 2nd half of the FRG83D update, does anyone know if the updated affected the Wifi on this phone at all?

Ever since I performed the update my phone has been connecting to my apartments wifi with no issues at all. The wifi performance has always been one of my big complaints since it always had a lot of problems connecting. Usually it would just sit on trying to obtain the ip address or it would tell me the network is disable. I even did some testing with my iPhone 3G in which it would connect every time to the network while my N1, sitting right next to it, wouldn't do anything. Even when it did connect once I shut off the screen is would disconnect.

Right now I am going to remain cautiously optimistic, today could just be a fluke, but if it isn't I am going to be a very happy camper.

Advertisement
  2. razvan06

razvan06 Well-Known Member

it used to disconnect on screen-off because the earlier updates came with that option by default !
    this new one has "never sleep" on by default!

3. Mostly Harmless

Nevermind, ignore my post, yesterday happen to be a fluke. It's back to normal today, oh well.

4. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

wow, i never have issues with wifi

5. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Me either... it depends how your MAC address starts apparently. Mine is one of the good ones.

6. Mostly Harmless

The only wifi I have issue with is the one at my apartment, go figure. Maybe for xmas I will get the landlord a new router.

7. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

The infamous Wifi issue was finally resolved for me with the 2.2.1(FRG83) update a couple of months ago. I did notice random loss of my Wifi connection with my router for about a day or two after the FRG83D update but it seems to be fine once again:confused:

I've heard of various Wifi issues but the issue I'm referring to pertains to the Wifi sleep issue. I.e., the moment the screen sleeps, Wifi connection is lost.

8. BrwnEydGirl

BrwnEydGirl Active Member

I have wifi problems too. The Froyo update seemed to have fixed the wifi issue at first but then about 3 weeks ago, my wifi signal would disconnect constantly even though I had the sleep setting set to "NEVER". It was very frustrating. I just received the complete FRG83D update yesterday and the update has not helped at all. I'm still dealing with the same lost wifi signal issue.

9. batman25

batman25 Well-Known Member

My wifi is fixed now I'm having hangups coming from the lock screen. I have to pull the battery to clear it.

10. outoffocus

outoffocus Well-Known Member

wifi seems to be better. i use spotify and in parts of my house where i lost connection to the site/app before frg83, i now seem to hold connection. no idea for sure if its the update tho.

i have also had more hang-ups that required taking out the battery since the 'upgrade'.

11. Soupdragon

Soupdragon Well-Known Member

+1 for hang ups - Didn't happen pre update.

12. ravens0ng

ravens0ng Well-Known Member

Definitely not fixed. I had the same hope, but wifi still disconnects for me as soon as the screen goes to sleep, regardless of settings.

13. StarMenace

StarMenace Well-Known Member

The wireless wasn't fixed on mine, wish it would've. Hopefully 2.3 will fix that now.