Friend Stream broken

Last Updated:

1. oswynh

oswynh New Member This Topic's Starter

I got an HTC Desire recently which I haven't rooted yet or made any major modifications to. For a few weeks, the Friend Stream widget was working fine but now it is broken :mad:

It doesn't show any updates ("no recent updates") and if I click on the arrow in the top right corner (which I think takes you to the full Friend Stream app??), it thinks for a while and then I receive a message that process com.htc.friendstream has stopped unexpectedly.

Is there any way to get this working again? Are there any logs anywhere that could point me to what is causing the process to crash?

Advertisement
  2. nacatomi

nacatomi Well-Known Member

Tried restarting?

3. oswynh

Yep. Including taking battery out as well.

4. oswynh

Any other suggestions? :D

5. noodles317

noodles317 Active Member

I had this happen to me the other day, i restarted, ripped the battery out and tried everything i knew!!

Then i had an idea to remove my Facebook account from my Friendstream and suddenly my Tweets started flooding in as per normal and then i readded my Facebook and i suddenly everything was all fine and working Aok as they say.

I removed my Facebook to do this but it might work with removing Twitter first i don't know but i haven't had any issues since.

Hope this fixes it for you.

oswynh likes this.
  6. Johnboy501

Johnboy501 Well-Known Member

Did you remove it all together (ie so all facebook contacts are removed)??? I seem to be having the same problem.

7. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

I'm also having this problem. How exactly do you remove your facebook?

8. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

Aha! Simple fix. Go into settings - accounts and sync. Select Facebook then remove account. Go back to your friendstream and hit refresh, if you have twitter and flickr then you will get updates. Then go back into settings - accounts and sync then add your Facebook details again.

Downside is you have to link your Facebook contacts to your phone contacts again, if you like that.

9. oswynh

Thanks all for the suggestion to remove the account. This worked! (After logging out of Facebook app as well). It wasn't too much of a pain to update the links as well.

10. itbedave

itbedave Well-Known Member

Had this just happen on my Incredible. Solution was to simply go into Settings>Manage Applications>Facebook for HTC Sense and delete the DATA and CACHE.

Didn't have to do anything as far as removing FB or Twitter apps.

oswynh likes this.
  11. diegox

diegox Active Member

this is happening to me as well... friendstream started crashing when i opened it. tried EVERYTHING above... took out battery, restarted, removed account, deleted caches and such... sadface :(

12. deanshep85

deanshep85 Well-Known Member

one issue with the friendstream with crashing is certain facebook posts....

some linked posts or I dunno location style linking apps that people use in the status's on facebook seem to crash it the moment you scroll near them....happened to me a couple month back and I found out it was a post my fianc

13. diegox

diegox Active Member

well i just went ahead and did a full restore... cleared caches and such and made my phone generally speedier while also fixing the bug. let's just hope it doesn't happen again