Friend stream may be draining your battery!Tips

Last Updated:

1. daftlush

daftlush Active Member

Some of you may already know this, but there may be other like me who are new to sense.

I just realized that Sense has settings for additional FB and twitter updates and/or checks for notifications and/or background sync.

This is has nothing to do with the official FB app or whatever twitter app you use. I think its only for friend stream and the HTC widgets.

the stock update freq is ridiculous. It may very well be a cause of many peoples problems with battery drain.

I set both to once a day.

In (settings), (Acc & Syc)

(FB for htc sense), (acc setting), (update freq)
    (twitter), (acc setting), (send/receive), (update freq)

2. AcePuppy

AcePuppy Well-Known Member

This is turned off by turning off Mobile network which has been talked about in other threads. Nice find, but turning off Mobile network does this.

Edit: Just as an edit, I believe there is another thread on this, that shows stats that this does not affect the battery much.
    lepooner38 likes this.
  3. daftlush

daftlush Active Member

4. zemerick

zemerick Well-Known Member

I run with all of the updates at 1 hour and am one of the people with good battery usage. This seems to be pretty efficient on it's usage, only briefly updating and shutting any tasks back down it used.
  5. mister_tu

mister_tu Well-Known Member

Does friendstream just pull from the frequency set by what is set by fb/twitter/flickr? I can't find the settings for friendstream if it's updating on it's own.
  6. daftlush

daftlush Active Member

In (settings) -> (Acc & Syc). Then either...

(FB for htc sense) -> (acc setting) -> (update freq)
    (twitter) -> (acc setting) -> (send/receive) -> (update freq)