Friend Stream not updatingSupport

Last Updated:

1. JudithPrietht

JudithPrietht Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've set my Friendstream to update every hour, and this was working fine for weeks. Recently, although it's still refreshing the sync time icon at the bottom every hour, it's not actually updating the widget with the new information. It takes a manual sync for it to refresh.

Auto-sync is on, background data is enabled... can't see anything that might be causing the problem.

Anyone experienced anything similar, and know how to fix it?

Advertisement
  2. Elsie

Elsie Active Member

My Friend Stream stopped working completely and the way I got it back was to delete my Facebook & Twitter accounts from the phone and then re-enter the details. PITA I know but it ight be worth a try.

JudithPrietht likes this.
  3. Linkey

Linkey Member

Yep, the only thing you have to do is to delete your current accounts and then enter them again. That will solve the problem :)

DoodieB and JudithPrietht like this.
  4. valemigo

valemigo New Member

My Friend Stream has stopped too, after many happy weeks of staying in tough. Very frustrating. I'll try uninstalling and re-install. I'll also disconnect and reconnect FB tto. Willet y'all know...

5. Bradden

Bradden Well-Known Member

I got it working. Deleted all data in Facebook for Sense which did nothing. However I then opened the opened the FriendStream app from menu - apps -etc.

It opened up with a log-in dialogue.. I entered my details and it's all working again.

6. mitchellgirl

mitchellgirl New Member

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! It works now. I've been stuck on July 12 for 3 days. But you have saved the day - thanks a million.

7. ray_c_yuen

ray_c_yuen New Member

My friends stream stopped working months ago on my Desire HD. After reading this forum I found removing the account from the Menu > Settings > Accounts & Sync > facebook > remove account. I also removed the Facebook for HTC Sense. Then I added those two accounts, entered my username / email address and password and hooray my friends stream is up and running. Try it.

8. GBURKS

GBURKS New Member

Thanks for info about Friendstream. It stopped working a few days ago but i deleted account and reinstalled it and now its running again.

9. smokeysco

smokeysco New Member

Many thanks :)

10. badbruin1

badbruin1 New Member

Thanks Ray..removed facebook and then just re added it under htc facebook...it worked...

11. l1ndon

l1ndon Member

+1 for this method