Friend Stream not workingSupport

Last Updated:

1. pdykstra

pdykstra Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My friend stream has apparently stopped working.. its set to be synced with my facebook but over the past few days just shows "No recent updates" even with a manual refresh.. anyone had this happen before? Tried restarting the phone and had no luck.

Advertisement
  2. Charlax21

Charlax21 Member

I have had the same problem before. Either delete the facebook account or try sign back into your facebook account. I did something to mess mine up and it would never update even though my settings were set to sync and I was getting updates through my favorites.

3. aptmx

aptmx Well-Known Member

The only way my Friend stream updates if if I manually press the refresh button on the widget? Is that normal or is the widget supposed to update automatically as well?

4. pdykstra

pdykstra Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

still can't get it to work.. when i open the friend stream program instead of just the widget it crashes and must be force closed.. i tried unsyncing and resynching facebook and that didn't work, then i tried deleting my facebook account and readding it and that didn't work either. really confused why this stopped working seemed to happen out of nowhere a few days ago and havn't been able to figure out why since.

5. Charlax21

Charlax21 Member

Under settings, account ans sync, facebook, account settings, update frequency. From there you can how often your Facebook will update. Every hour my friends stream will update, unless you manually do it.

If youbare still having problems...check your settings in facebook on a computer. Make sure Android application under applications is fully enable.

6. Charlax21

Charlax21 Member

Under settings, account ans sync, facebook, account settings, update frequency. From there you can how often your Facebook will update. Every hour my friends stream will update, unless you manually do it.

If youbare still having problems...check your settings in facebook on a computer. Make sure Android application under applications is fully enable.

7. r2woo2

r2woo2 New Member

I'm experiencing the same crashing problem on my HTC Incredible.
    Friend Stream app was working, but now it crashes.
    The widget seems to be working okay.
    I'm guessing there's an incompatibility with one of my many apps.

8. AGWednesday

AGWednesday Well-Known Member

This might seem obvious, but make sure your Facebook password is still the same as the one you put in the phone.

Duck65052 likes this.
  9. njperry

njperry Well-Known Member

I had the same problem for several days. I just now removed my account on the phone, shut down my phone, removed & replaced the battery, restarted the phone, and added the account. Now it works fine again.

Droidn00b likes this.
  10. DesireMe

DesireMe Well-Known Member

I've recently had this on my HTC Desire. Friends Stream suddenly stopped working, showing "no recent updates", then when you click the arrow, it would crash. I removed the widget and re-added, still didn't work.

I removed the account as suggested above, re-added the account and the Friends Stream widget asked me to log in. Clicked it and it worked. Thanks for the above pointers.

11. r2woo2

r2woo2 New Member

I figured out what was causing the Friend Stream app to crash on my Incredible.
    It was the Twitter account. If I don't add my Twitter account, Friend Stream works fine. If I add my Twitter account, Friend Stream crashes.

Don't have a solution for it....

12. jmill75

jmill75 Well-Known Member

Well mine started off with my twitter widget going blank and showing no tweets, so i deleted the widget and tried friendstream. Friendstream works until i touch anything and i get a force close. I went in and cleared the cache on both widgets to no luck. I would love to know an answer to this also.

13. danroid

danroid New Member

This started to happen to me the past 2 days on my twitter app. I see no updates in the twitter widget but when I click the arrow I see all the updates that should be displaying.

Anyone have any ideas?

14. pbharley103

pbharley103 New Member

in the last few days; i can my faceboofk on the widget but when you click the widget I gfet a "force Close" alert. I checked all my application settings in Facebood and Twitter and they look OK. I even removed the apps in FACEBOOK and added the application back but the ANDROID app is still down.
    Why dont we get a message from the deveoloper or someone about it. We cant be the only ones having issues.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

15. hebirkeland

hebirkeland New Member

Hi!

Had the same problem on my phone. I fixed it by removing my facebook account, then go back to the friend strea widget. It will say "not connected to any social networks. Log in to one" or something like that. Click on the text in the widget and log in :) That worked for me at least.

Good luck!

16. gladders10

gladders10 New Member

Hi. Basically the friend stream app force closes because the cache has too much history. So basically it crashes. What you need to do is to just go to settings in your home screen then applications then application manager. Find both friend stream and facebook for HTC sense and clear both caches. Restart your phone immediately after and your friend stream will be working again!

Hope this helps ...

17. sonicblueheaven

sonicblueheaven Member

ive been having the same problems with friendstream... ive tried everything i could think of and everything that has been suggested on this thread.
    nothing's workin....haha.
    anyone else have a suggestion as to what we can do?

18. markketch

markketch Well-Known Member

I'm also having problems with this widget, and none of the suggested "fixes" work. Friendstream just seems to be a really buggy app that hopefully will have an OTA update at some point.

19. dfuchs

dfuchs Member

None of the above worked for me...

Here's what did! :)

Go to setings then manage applications, then find "Facebook for HTC Sense", and clear data (and cache)

itbedave likes this.
  20. ionizer

ionizer Well-Known Member

My cache was up to 16kb
    I cleared it, let's see if it updates at next interval now.

21. ionizer

ionizer Well-Known Member

well, i cleared the cache, but it still didn't update despite my setting being set for once an hour

still shows last updated at like 10pm last night when i did it manually or posted something

22. BtBommer

BtBommer Active Member

Another person with this problem. I cleared the cache on the facebook for htc (it was at 7.32) with no help. My friendstream cache was empty, however, so that didn't matter. Any further thoughts/suggestions are appreciated!

23. alanhiggs

alanhiggs Member

My Friend's Stream has been out of action for a few days.

After reading here, I deleted my FB Account, switched off, removed battery, back on, re-joined FB on the Friend's Stream page and its all returned fine. I never got as far as looking at the cache .. not needed for me.

24. accohn12

accohn12 Well-Known Member

I just cleared my cache, shut off my phone, turned it back on, and STILL Friendstream force-closes. They've got to fix this soon, seems like a very buggy app right now.

25. DroidRocker

DroidRocker Well-Known Member

Add another user to the FRIEND STREAM proble. I had taken the widget off while organizing my menus and for the past week have tried to put the widget back on. I TOO have tried all of the above suggestions...NONE work. I get a "loading" and then "No Recent Updates"...and like others, if I hit the > key on the Friend Stream...it crashes. For HTC, and Verizon, to make such a BIG deal out of the Friend Stream and then not have the consideration to check in on the problems...sounds like the start of dropping the ball on the Incredible.