1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Friend Stream widget: Can you clear your Facebook status?

Last Updated:

1. JohnJSal

JohnJSal Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Call me slow, but I just realized that the Friend Stream widget updates your status, not posts to your Wall. Also, I've been so confused by FB messaging that I wasn't even sure these were two different things anymore. Whatever...

Anyway, what I'm wondering is, is it possible to clear your status using the FS widget? I've noticed that after using it to post a comment, that status is still shown as active until I manually clear it (or post a new one) later. Or do you have to actually go to FB and clear it?

(And while we're on the topic, can someone explain to me the difference between the status update and a Wall post? Don't they all show up on the Wall anyway? Or am I looking at the News Feed stream? It's so confusing.)

(Edit: Wait, I don't even see a way to update my status on the FB website. Is that an old feature? If so, why does the FS widget still do it?)

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Correct, that happens no matter how you update it.

I think loggin into facebook from a pc is the only way to "clear" it.

A staus update is just that, updating what you are doing currently. A wall post is also just that, posting something to your wall. The two can be separate, as you can restrict people from seeing your wall, but allow them to see your status updates, and vice versa. A general rule of thumb is, dont post to your own wall, thats just weird, update your status.

It's still there. at the top of any page. says "whats on your mind"

3. JohnJSal

JohnJSal Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

On the News Feed page, there is an empty box at the top with the text "What's on your mind?" in it, and clicking in that lets you post a comment and an optional picture, link, etc.

However, when I click on my name in the left sidebar, I'm taken to my Wall tab. On the Wall tab, there is this same "What's on your mind?" box. So what's the difference? They both seem to post to my Wall.

The only time I see a status update *above* this box (next to my name at the very top of the page, above the Wall, Info, Photos, etc. tabs) seems to be when I update my status through my phone. If I use the website, it just seems to post to my Wall.

So I see no real difference by doing it on the website. I seem to be making a Wall post no matter what.