Friend streamGeneral

Last Updated:

1. MongolStomp

MongolStomp Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

is there anyway to get the htc friend stream for the Eris or at least something similar? I think it'd be cool to have both facebook and twitter in the same place.

Advertisement
  2. Shawnd76

Shawnd76 New Member

I have friend stream on my Eris. Mine appeared after I rooted my phone though. I checked in the market place and could not find it. I am sure there may be something similar to it on there.

3. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

The replacement launcher app LauncherPro Plus right now has a scrollable twitter widget now but the developer is working on both a Facebook widget and a "Friends" widget which will combine the two. It's not available yet, but you may want to keep an eye on it.

LauncherPro

4. xketchupx

xketchupx Well-Known Member

i know the evil eris rom has it, if u want to try that, use the rom, its pretty, good, but the perks of 2.2 roms were more for me:)

5. MongolStomp

I knew one of the answers would be to root, buttttttttt, that's something I'm not willling to do. Anyways I was thinking about paying for the Launcher Pro Plus anyways because I want the widgets, it's legit right? I always get sketched if something isn't through the market. If I buy plus it willl get updated normally right?

6. Kaessa

Kaessa Well-Known Member

Yes, I've had LauncherPro Plus for a while now, and it updates normally. The widgets are very nice and definitely worth the extra cost... not to mention supporting such a great dev.

7. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

To add about LPP, when you buy, the developer sends you an unlock code. From within LauncherPro, there is a setting in the menu to unlock LauncherPro Plus, where you enter your email address and the unlock code. From this point on, you will have the Plus features, and will stil get updates from the market.

The reason that the developer does it this way (rather then sell the Plus app in the market as a separate app) is that he lives in a country in which Google does not yet allow paid apps to be sold from.

8. MongolStomp

Ohhh gotcha. Well then I guess I'll pay for it! Seems totally worth it.