friend told me more cores more battery life...General

Last Updated: 2013-09-21 02:59:22
  1. kakoigirl

kakoigirl Member

I am not sure whether you guys have question about cores and battery life before you got your S4

Advertisement
  2. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

The problem with your friend's analogy is that not all the cores do the same thing. If you want to use the engine analogy though, for a short while GM made V8 engines that would turn off 2 (or more??) cylinders at times. That would be somewhat analogous, except that in the case of that situation all the cylinders do the same thing--move the car down the road. Cores in smart phones tend to be more specialized.
  3. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

I would add that I came from a dual coar phone, Atrix 4G, which after I loaded it up with over 200 of my apps, the phone would get bogged down, running slow and run warm during extended use of games. With my S4 with its bigger HD display, quadcore processor and 2 GB of RAM, I have over 275 apps and my phone usually laggs using touchwiz at times, but never really runs over 104 degrees and the battery last longer too. (Come paired to my Atrix 4G.)

So, I'd say it's how the phone is set up to run the cores, CPU and system resources. But the S4 isn't a battery hog like others have said over the internet.

One more thing, from what I've read all four cores are not running all the time. (I'm not sure if they ever run all together either.)