Friends droid won't boot up... Help please!

Last Updated:

1. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member This Topic's Starter

HI all droid peeps! I am a sprint hero owner, but a good friend knows I'm a phone geek and has a droid. This morning he couldn't boot his phone up. Any body have any ideas Or suggestions on what he can do besides take it to verizon? He will if he has to, but I didn't know if anyone else has had an issue like this before, and can help....

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

Need more information. Will it get to the Motorola M? Can you get into the recovery mode? Will it load Android at all?

330D likes this.
  3. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

If he isnt getting anything its probably just his battery died. Plug the phone into a WALL charger for awhile then see if it boots up.

4. 330D

Thanks guys. It was charged all night.

It won't turn on at all. no screens, No moto "m" nothing...

He also knows enough to try a battery pull, but nothing after that either. It seems to be totally unfunctioning

5. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

Weird. If that's true this would be the first actual bricked Droid I had heard of.

6. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

sounds like his phone is just not charged. For some reason sometimes they just act weird in terms of charging. I would pull the battery out for like a half hour then put it back plug it in a wall charger not a pc for a few hours. If it still doesnt work then its done and he will need to hit verizon

330D likes this.
  7. 330D

He tried his wifes Battery a couple minutes ago. It worked. Apparently he has to go get his battery warranteed.... Thank you guys for your help!

8. 330D

Apparently, my friend is an idiot. He plugged his phone in last night but it did not charge. We found out when my wife, trying to help, brought it to verizon and left it for them to look at. An hour later, when she picked it up, the tech told her that J must have a bad charger, because they charged it for 30 min and all is well. Just wanted to thank you guys again for your help...