1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

FriendService.....Help!

Last Updated:

1. Shizimu

Shizimu Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, welcome to my first post :D

I'm not really sure what happen. I was browsing some Apps this morning and I was checking them out, and I acidently clicked on one of the adds at the base of the app and it switched to a white screen, downloaded something and installed it without my say so, and went to some "file Browser".

I think the ad said something about having 2 messages from friends or something.

It installed something without my consent anyway, but i cant find out what it was. Bit concerned about my phone.

I have a task killer and noticed "com.google.android.apps.maps:FriendService"

Is running. Maybe this was it? Generally quite scared at the moment and worried what will happen next...Maybe the world will explode?

cheers for your help in advance

Advertisement
  2. kabbie_mcfeely

kabbie_mcfeely Well-Known Member

Goto manage apps in settings. Look for the "friendservice". See if you can delete it.

Just don't delete maps, LOL.

3. Shizimu

Nothing in the uninstall bit.

4. arnodenhond

arnodenhond Member

i don't know what was installed, if anything. unless the app you were 'browsing' in has a permission to install apps what you describe would be impossible.
    anyway, definately for sure com.google.android.apps.maps:FriendService is not what you are loooking for. as you see in the name it is part of a google service. and it is part of the maps app. friendservice is probably a background process which can keep track of latitude buddies.

5. Shizimu

Maybe I am panicking about nothing then. I found some random file in my downloads folder last night which i didnt reconise. Maybe that was it, and it didnt install. It happen all so quick.