Friendstream and FacebookSupport

Last Updated:

1. gener1c

gener1c Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Facebook and friend stream have not been updating the past two nights. Has any one else having this issue? It seem to stop updating around 5 tonight.

**My issues seem to magically disappear. I guess I may have been a facebook issue since my co-worker has the cliq and was having the same issues**

Advertisement
  2. Cmdr007

Cmdr007 Member

I'm having this issue with Friend Stream as well. I've gone into my settings and everything seems to be set up to sync every hour, but it isn't updating, unless I manually do it. Anyone have any ideas of what could be wrong?

Edit: Seems to be working again. Unsynced Facebook and then recynced it and power cycled the phone. Seems to be updating again.

3. jaymz462

jaymz462 Active Member

Just started having this problem too. Everything's set to sync properly. My Facebook stuff isn't showing up in Friendstream even if I manually update.

Edit: Twitter's working fine.

4. herbalpert

herbalpert New Member

My Friendstream was working fine with both Facebook and Twitter until about 2 days ago, when my Facebook updates inexplicably stopped working (Twitter updates were still working fine). When I went to my Facebook app and tried to view my News feed, I got the dreaded "malformed JSON" error message.

Yesterday I found and installed an updated Facebook app from the Android Market, but that did not fix anything.

Today, the News feed in my updated Facebook app seems to be functioning normally, but I am still not seeing any Facebook updates in my Friendstream. Is anyone else having this problem?

Update: Last night I briefly removed the battery on my phone and then powered it up again. Everything appears to be working fine now.

5. jaymz462

jaymz462 Active Member

I've got to manually update Friendstream to get Facebook stuff to show up. Twitter continues to work without a hitch.

6. bdailey30

bdailey30 New Member

My Friend Stream keeps asking me to force close..what do i do

7. kekchi

kekchi Active Member

My friend stream gets the error message with 'force close' and my peep shows that I have no tweets.

ETA: Signing out of twitter and then back in seems to have fixed both issues. As of now, both are working.

8. P M

P M Well-Known Member

I, too, have removed the friend stream widget since it's not updating and forceclosing upon opening the application. I don't even have twitter installed.

Are there any free alternatives to friend stream? the fbook widget is meh.

9. Bearly

Bearly Well-Known Member

What I hate is that, within FriendStream, you cannot post a Facebook comment over 160 characters, which leads me to believe that it's a limitation of SMS and that HTC is using SMS system somehow for FB comments. Really odd.

Also, from within FriendStream, if you click on a contact and try to view their photos, the albums don't always load. From within the Android FB app, this works fine.

10. ShortBusHEMI

ShortBusHEMI Well-Known Member

i haven't had an issue with friend stream updating. if i want to do something other than read status i'll use the facebook app

11. eyecon82

eyecon82 Well-Known Member

Is there a difference between the facebook widget and the app? confused..thanks