FriendStream - no updates

Last Updated:

1. cnanthony

cnanthony Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi

Had my Desire for a few weeks now, arrived day of launch!

Not really had any problems so far, many thanks to this forum - stupid questions are never stupid.

Anyway this morning I woke up and FriendStream had frozen, no updates since the day before. I leave my phone on overnight connected to update email/friendstream etc. So I pressed the update button at the base of the widget and I got this message

"No recent updates"

So thinking not much of it I clicked through to check my individual accounts were still connected and FORCE CLOSE.

So far I have tried removing the widget and replacing, changing scene, rebooting, rebooting after removing the battery for a couple of hours.

Facebook and twitter accounts are still active.

Please help I really would like to not do a hard reset but if thats what I need to do, how do I do it and whats the best way to back up everything first?

Advertisement
  2. SL4VE

SL4VE Well-Known Member

mine did this and i cleared the cache seems to be refreshing more frequently now, ive got mine set on every 4hours and works most of the time. i think it my need the cache clearing every few days. still testing has ive had mine less than a week

3. cnanthony

cnanthony Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

No I've tried that as well its not just not updating it won't show any updates and force closes when I click through to the widget.

Thanks anyway

4. charliehowes

charliehowes Well-Known Member

Mine done the same thing so I just removed it. I only use Facebook so really didn't need the friends stream anyway.

5. miss panda

miss panda New Member

hi... mine did the same too and i read on another forum to clear cache and data on both the friend stream AND the facebook programs... i've just tried that and it seemed to work... hope this helps...
    :)

6. miss panda

miss panda New Member

oops.... just saw the date... i'm sure you have it sorted by now... :eek: