• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help friendstream stopped working

It may be a Facebook issue. This morning I was using the 3G on my Desire and Facebook wouldn't let me in at all. I tried accessing it via the website and it said I was trying to access it from an IP which was associated with malicious activity (very odd, as I only use Facebook to keep up to date with bands etc. I like, and never e.g. update my status or send messages through it) so maybe the address assigned by the 3G connection was having a problem. I'm with Orange incidentally.

For info, I then tried connecting via Opera rather than the built-in browser and it was fine - but then again Opera always reports to applications etc. that you're in Norway (I think - maybe Sweden) so it's clearly using a different back-end server for addressing. Additionally, when I got to work and connected via wifi it was fine, so it seems to be a 3G problem, or at least was for me.

Upvote 0
Has Twitter stopped updating in Friendstream for anyone else? I know it stopped working a while back when Twitter changed their security, but it started working again for a while since then, but today my Friendstream is only updating Facebook and the Twitter ap won't let me view Tweets either.

Fixed it by logging out and back into my Twitter account. It must have been something to do with the update I downloaded yesterday. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
For no apparent reason friendstream has.stopped working and now whenever I try to open it it just tells me application has expectantly stopped working and make me force close. Any ideas? The widget just now appears blank.

Mine Did The same Thing... Here's what i did and it works fine now''
Go to SET UP In All programs . Click on Facebook Log out and then log back in.. Sounds silly but it worked

Upvote 0
For no apparent reason friendstream has.stopped working and now whenever I try to open it it just tells me application has expectantly stopped working and make me force close. Any ideas? The widget just now appears blank.

Mine Did The same Thing was drivig me crazy,,, found simple solution
go to ALL PROGRAMS TAB .. go to SET UP click on it .. Facebook click on that then LOG out ..Then Log back in sounds silly but it worked

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones