fring: Annoying vibrate notification!Support

Last Updated:

1. owl

owl Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 5, 2010
    OK so I'm new to fring and I really like it so far - its video chat is working better than Qik (for now, at least) and I can reach my Skype contacts. Great! But I see absolutely no option to remove/change the notifications! I have all my vibrate settings off for messages and notifications, so it's native to fring - but there is no setting in the app?! It's extremely frustrating to have the sound and short vibrate every time I get a message... especially considering some of those Skype contacts are at their desktop sending me 10 IMs a minute... And should I even mention what it does to the battery?

Anyway, there must be some way to change this... Maybe I'm an idiot and overlooking how to do it in fring; maybe with another app; maybe deep in system settings... :confused:

2. knowbody

knowbody Active Member

Jun 6, 2010
    I hate that too, and it's so loud, even with the ringer off. I also hate the cheesy ringtone when you're getting a call. There's gotta be a way to change that.
  3. msibaljr

msibaljr Member

Dec 12, 2009
    i set up fring with my AIM and skype acct. it screwed up my phone big time. it kept on taking down my 3G connection-it kept on dissappearing. the phone and sms worked but nothing else. i worked with Sprint about 7 total times. i even went back to bestbuy and they replaced the phone with a new one after 1 week of resetting and reloading PRL etc. It happened again on the new phone because i loaded all the apps once i received the new phone. On the last call to Sprint, the rep told me not to load any free app from the market and just monitor it and he was 100% correct. I started installing all my apps one by one and I knew it would be either Fring or PDANet that was causing it. Be careful using free apps in the Marketplace. You can't pay me $ to use this piece of junk app. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!