Fring not logging in to Skype?

Last Updated:

1. WordIsBorn

WordIsBorn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I keep trying to setup Skype in Fring, and it has a spinning circle above the SKP logo for about 5 minutes until it says that it cannot log into Skype. I tried searching the forums and couldn't find anything. I know some are having the same issues and reporting them on the Fring site, but I was wondering if anyone here had any ideas.

thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. zamardii12

zamardii12 Well-Known Member

Sometimes it works if you force close the program, and then restart it all.

3. WordIsBorn

WordIsBorn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, I tried that but no luck. I also tried uninstalling, and re-installing without any luck. Did you download the update today? I am wondering if they broke something in the update?

4. TT_Vert

TT_Vert Well-Known Member

Anyone get fring to use skype for video chat or just audio?
    Dave

5. eieio

eieio Well-Known Member

I use it for video chats daily with skype

6. TT_Vert

TT_Vert Well-Known Member

can you tell me what you do? My friend doesnt even see me on skype when using fring..

7. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

it takes like 5 minutes to log in for me but it does eventually

8. passivesf

passivesf Well-Known Member

I can't login to skype from fring either with my evo :(

9. shandroid

shandroid Well-Known Member

as dumb as it sounds same thing happened to me and I found out i was using the wrong skype password. FYI it doesn't tell you it's wrong just tries then says can't connect.

10. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Use it almost daily for skype video. Exit it every day, so every day, I start it up. Total login time for me is about 1 minute, then 2 or 3 more for the skype contacts to update - aim contacts update instantly.

Only problem I had was as shandroid said, about three days into it - I had logged out of Fring instead of exiting - requiring re-input of my passwords.

AIM login ok, no soap on skype.

Knowing it wasn't my password, I went and tried that password at my desktop. Despite my absolute perfection (rotf, ok?) I had it off by something. Slapped forehead, tried again with right password at desktop, login succeeded, repeated same on phone.

No trouble after that.

That said - the whole thing isn't friendly enough to remember passwords from last session (maybe that's a feature) - so, your mileage may vary.

But - we've had a couple of these threads before, and everyone with problems always found them to be the password.

hope this helps

11. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

That's odd.

And you're logged in to your skype account via the Fring -> Menu -> Add-ons ok?

If so, try bringing up skype and idling it at a desktop - one guy mentioned something similar, not sure, we never closed the loop.

Keep the faith - once you're set up, it does work really great.

Update: I just re-tested. I'm running the latest version and without being logged in anywhere else, my skype list updated the quickest.

12. irishgator

irishgator Active Member

I just got this software rolling. Took a while to get logged in and to see my contacts, but finally got it going. I called a person on skype. They could see me, but I could not see them. They did confirm they could see themselves on skype. Any ideas on what can be done...

13. AGeleff

AGeleff Active Member

I've tried everything from leaving Skype idle on my computer to changing my password and trying to log-in with Fring, and I have had no luck. Dammit.

14. Evo_Pimpin

Evo_Pimpin Well-Known Member

Open Fring, hit menu, then click add ons and add Skype? . Also you have to open Skype on your computer and add your friends from there. Then sign out and sign into Fring and you should see your friends. Can't add Skype friends from Fring. Give that a try. I hope that helps.

15. AGeleff

AGeleff Active Member

I can't even log into Skype. :p