• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fring video calling to Sprint EVO! (with Skype support)

Lol. It's not surprising, doesn't Verizon have Skype exclusivity for their mobiles?
yes they do however access through fring will not be removed. cause if it was they would have already removed acess through iskoot and from s4palm.com and s4iphone.com(which works on android if your using dolphin browser and have it model iphone browser)

Upvote 0
video phones or"video telephones" were first tested back as early as the late 20's.... of course the tech was much to expensive for commercial use and the equipment was extremely bulky, hot and required maintenance... but it was a reality! :D

for you "kids" out there, they came out with "video phones" for home use 20 years ago, but no one in the world wanted to see how ugly/naked/sloppy looking the person on the other end was when they called...why would this be any different?

Upvote 0
yea fring will get the job done for consumer use but QIK can do up to three can't it?!?! either way as long as it can use skype, i'm all over fring, i don't need ANOTHER communication log in username crap like Qik... it may end up being good but it's too late in the game for me to consider it, i have AIM, Gmail, Home mail, School mail, cell phone number, home number, Skype account, ICQ account, and as far as i'm concerned that is just too darn many ways to get ahold of one person

Fring is cool but I won't use it for my business.

I will pay the 5 bucks a month for it and use it for my business 12-20 guys.. We can save the videos, start our own channel and upload video to multiple sites.. Fring is cool for video chat but it won't help me close the deal or keep my customers informed..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones