• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] From 4.1.2 to 4.3

Hipe0ples555

Dec 20, 2011
Hello, I have been on AOKP 4.1.2 for almost a year now and finally want to move on to 4.3. Is there anything I should know about the whole file movement subject or something about re-rooting it? By the way, my charge port does not work, will that make it harder to save files if they need to be backed up or what not?

Just make sure to back everything up.

Another important thing is the changes into 4.3, the fact that you need to download the latest Gapps, and kernels that are 4.3 specific, if you don't download those you will get a lot of errors right from the get go.

And how do you charge your device if the charge port is broken? How would you connect it to your computer, or does it just not charge?

Upvote 0
IMHO with all the early problems I've read about with 4.3.x ROMs on the Gnex, I have no desire to 'upgrade'. Heck I'm still not totally sold on my 4.2.2 ROM over the 4.1.2 ROM I had before.

But if you take the plunge, do make sure you have the latest custom recovery going forward from 4.1.2 otherwise you will end up with a mess on your sdcard. See this thread:

http://androidforums.com/verizon-ga...-latest-jelly-bean-roms-edited-5-11-13-a.html

good luck

Upvote 0
IMHO with all the early problems I've read about with 4.3.x ROMs on the Gnex, I have no desire to 'upgrade'. Heck I'm still not totally sold on my 4.2.2 ROM over the 4.1.2 ROM I had before.

But if you take the plunge, do make sure you have the latest custom recovery going forward from 4.1.2 otherwise you will end up with a mess on your sdcard. See this thread:

http://androidforums.com/verizon-ga...-latest-jelly-bean-roms-edited-5-11-13-a.html

good luck

I haven't really had any issues with the 4.3 Paranoid Android. It works pretty good, decent battery life.

Upvote 0
It's been a while, but don't you have to re root the 4.3 ROMs?

No you don't you can just go straight into them. :)

if the devs can ever solve the bug of data not coming back when returning from airplane mode and the occasional ram/memory leak thiings are fairly good...

And I don't have the issue every time with this ROM but I think I had it once. It has been a very apparent problem with every ROM on the GNex I have used.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones