From 4.3 to 4.2.2

1. badman242

badman242 Member

ok i Updated to 4.3 on my S4 and i decided to root it and flash CWM on it. but when i try to put my phone back to 4.2.2 im not able to... any help?

Advertisement
  2. jejb

jejb Well-Known Member

Do some searching on the S4 forums. 4.3 is the first release you can NOT go backwards on, unfortunately.
  3. Riche101

Riche101 VIP Member VIP Member

If you have updated before root, you will have a locked bootloader so you are now stuck with 4.3 also you possibly have Knox on your phone.
  4. zipred

zipred Well-Known Member

I'd wipe it and start fresh at root. KNOX is a real problem, one that only gets in the way and creates random error messages daily.

Once you rid yourself of it, your phone will be wonderful.
    badman242 likes this.
  5. scott_

scott_ Well-Known Member

From what all I have read about 4.3 on other android forums it's a one way street with the boot-loader. There may a potential(fairly involved) to go back with the OS firmware, but not the boot-loader.
    I honestly haven't payed that much attention to the details as I'm rooted at 4.2.2 with no intention of going to 4.3

You will have Knox, and rooting it will trip the Knox counter.
  6. badman242

badman242 Member

OK, I have cwm and cyanogenmod on my phone. I re!ember an app called Knox on my phone, but I don't think I have a counter. When you say no going back u just mean for now right???
  7. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

If you are, or have been, on stock, Samsung, Android 4.3 firmware you will have the prerequisites for Knox. See, #1.0 of Knox Security & locked bootloader on new firmwares.

You will have the Knox flag. See #1.4.

As for reverting to 4.2.2, that is not possible, as per #1.1.

Reading the full link will provide you with other details regarding Knox.
    cocokasper likes this.
  8. jejb

jejb Well-Known Member

Yes. And possibly ever. We'll just have to wait and see if someone ever comes up with a viable way to go backwards, but it is not possible for now, at least.
  9. badman242

badman242 Member

I don't get these flags at all.
  10. badman242

badman242 Member

What pics do I need to post to show u my situation? Or video?
  11. ironass

Thank you for your post. However, there are currently 18 different models of the Samsung Galaxy S4 and over 1,000 different stock Samsung firmware versions covering 3 different Android platforms. Not all issues affect all models or firmware releases and your answers to the following 3 questions may help in the forum's answers to your specific query.

#1 Could you post your Model number and Android version...

To locate these, go to...

Settings > More > About device > Model number and Android version

This will give you the model of Samsung Galaxy S4 that you have and which Android version you are on.

#2. Your current Firmware version, (not baseband)...

To locate your current firmware version, go to the dial pad and type in...

*#1234#

This will give you your, "Version", details in full, usually 3 lines of information which may all be relevant.

#3. Also helpful would be your carrier, (service provider), and if your phone is rooted and running a custom ROM.

Thanks. The above helps us to help you and hopefully someone will be able to reply to you shortly. :)

(Tip: You can go to the green bar at the top of this forum and click on, "User CP", which will take you to your User Control Panel and then select, "Edit your details", under the heading, "Your profile", on the left hand side. Here you can fill in your model and firmware under, "Current devices", in, "Additional Information". This ensures that your device details are shown under your user name on the left, in every post you make. You can update this as often as you like and will help other users immediately identify your current phone and firmware details.)
  12. badman242

badman242 Member

Nvm... I'm 0x1
  13. badman242

badman242 Member

M919n metropcs version
  14. ironass

Since you have a T-Mobile, U.S.A. handset, I've asked the Mods to move this thread to that phone's All Things Root forum, where you should be able to receive more help.
    Unforgiven likes this.
  15. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Shoveling Snow~ Moderator

Thanks for the head up Ironass.:thumb:

Thread moved. Good luck OP.:)
    ironass likes this.